Pedophile JW Elder Louis (Lou) Daigle sentenced to 11 years

by Trevor Scott 26 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Former JW elder and now convicted pedophile/rapist is (finally) behind bars. I knew the bastard personally and can't tell you how happy I am to see this sick sob behind bars. Just wish it could have happened sooner.

http://www.blumbergs.ca/articles/81-year-old-ontario-man-sentenced-to-11-years-in-prison-in-a-1953-historic-

http://www.oyetimes.com/news/canada/37953-city-of-surrey-man-louis-daigle-sentenced-to-11-years-jail-for-sexual-offences

http://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/2504677-former-georgina-man-sentenced-to-11-years/

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

A big AMEN to that.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Good. Looks like there's no place to hide anymore.

• Mary
    Mary

I didn't see anywhere where it mentioned that he was a Witness........Anyway, glad the prick is behind bars.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Hi Mary, sadly no mention of his being a JW, however, as I mentioned, I know him personally. He was an elder in the cong I grew up in. He raped his own daughter, among other offences. I can't tell you how happy I am to see him behind bars.

• steve2
    steve2

I know he was no longer an elder, but was he still a JW at the time of his arrest?

If so, do you know how his local congregation has reacted to his criminal status?

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

Happy to know justice was served. Anyone knows how or where one could access details about this case?
    I wonder if the WT attorneys were involved in this.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Afaik, he was still a jw at the time of his arrest. He certainly was when I left the WT a few years ago.

Not sure if the WT attorneys were involved.

• steve2
    steve2
    Not sure if the WT attorneys were involved.

Pure guesswork on my part because, thankfully, I do not know this awful man, but I doubt very much that Watchtower attorneys would be overtly involved in any way - except maybe behind the scenes to ensure there is as much damage control as possible. I would further think that the only way they would become more actively involved is if any of the victims come forward and sue the Watchtower Society. Otherwise, the WT attorneys would have the horse sense to stay right out of it - at least the more public aspects of it.

Does anyone know how the man's home congregation has responded? If he were a JW in good standing, albeit no longer an elder, has his congregation taken any steps to distance themselves from him or, conversely, stood by him? Is he or was he married? If so, I feel for his wife and children - but naturally, I also feel for his victims. He sounds like a vile man - to have done what he did to children and to have carried on in the organization over all these years as if nothing had happened beggars belief.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

steve, good questions. I'll do what I can to track down some answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit