Anonymous vs WT: sooo, was that just a big ole hoax???

by grumblecakes 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

So gosh like at least 6 months ago i think i was perusing JW survey and saw rhe Anonymous targeting the WT video and thought "sweet!!!" ...so i googled it, and nothing came up but the actual you tube video and the thing on JW Survey (i posted a comment on jw survey asking about it but nobody repied...

So since it was never spoken of again i guess it was a ho-ax? Just one dude make a fake vidoe and anonymous was never really after the WT? Or does anyone know about this?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Good question. It didn't seem to ever go anywhere unfortunately...

• stillin
    stillin

There was a web page that had some of the successful hacks. Mostly into correspondences of CO's or emails from elders to a branch, but nothing really earth-shattering. Or, maybe there was more and I missed it. Anonymous isn't exactly a kiosk at WalMart

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Watchtower is a paranoid organization, and paranoia makes one an easy victim of psy-ops.

The unbalanced become even more so if you give 'em a gentle little mind-fuck every so often.

Screw 'em if they can't take a joke.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I emailed anonymous and asked them and they have not replied. Maybe they were just chest thumping, or maybe it was an ex Jw having a laugh.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

Yeah, julia, i think youre right. Woulda been neat tho. Sigh.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I believe they claimed to have obtained the infamous pedophile database--they were supposed to be working on decrypting it the last I knew. I can't make links clickable but here it is. http://masonemerson.freeyellow.com/christianwitnessescom/id426.html

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Have any of you been to the UADNA orbiting space platform? I have. I was invited for dinner and a science-fiction double feature.

• Stealth
    Stealth

they would not be able to decrypt the database without having the master key. That is the whole point of encryption!

• Simon
    Simon
    they would not be able to decrypt the database without having the master key. That is the whole point of encryption!

Yes, it is. However the security of the encryption doesn't always depend on 'having the key'. There are techniques to crack a key ... any average password on a zip file that a few years ago was quoted would take a decade to crack can now be compromised in days, hours or even minutes depending on it's strength.

If you know some of the data already encrypted then that can weaken the security dramatically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit