Cognizant Dissident says Hi!

by cognizant dissident 28 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Just thought I'd pop in after a couple of years and say hi to all my old discussion mates if any are still posting on here.

How you all doing? Anything new in JWDland I should know about?

Cheers

Coggie

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi! Simon is having a party on the 22nd.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Helloooooo you!!! Nice to see you again!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hey jnat

Great to see you still on here, holding down the fort and holding back the unruly mobs!

So am I invited to the party? Doesn't Simon live in Alberta? I'm in BC, so a bit of a drive. You going?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Coggie, I am LoisLane, It is always a pleasure to meet people with good reasoning skills, who woke up before me. How have you been and how long have you been out? Just Lois

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Berengaria

I'm sorry but, I don't remember you. I see your earliest post is 2 years ago and I haven't even looked on here for two years, so if you know me, I guess you were lurking and reading for a while before you posted. Which is great. Nice to know JWD has a much larger audience than is posting at any given time because that means they are still getting the word out about the JW's.

Thanks for the greeting

Cog

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I joined up in about February this year I think so I'm new, but it's nice to meet you. There's a lot going on JW world, even since I left! A whole lot of new light about blah blah blah FDS blah blah blah the Governing Body rules...

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Lois

Jan 1, 2006 was my new year's resolution to never set foot in a Kingdom Hall or assembly hall again, and I've kept that resolution. I was having doubts for years before that though. Letting go of all my family and friends was the difficult part and still is. At certain times, I still feel the loss of a sense of community and belonging, but still no regrets. No going back.

What about you? How long have you been out? Posting here? Doubting and lurking before that?

Cog

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, I'm planning on being there.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Hi Julia

Your post made me laugh. Every time I hear anything about JW's or hear JW's talking my eyes glaze over and it all sounds like blah, blah blah to me. Just background static that I can't make any sense of and no longer care to try. That's how you know you are truly out and have moved on; when you no longer care what the JW's are saying and doing now. Or if I do have a moment's interest, its' more for the humor value than actually caring or getting angry.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit