Is it a tradition in your congregation for the visiting speaker to give the final prayer on Sunday?

by hoser 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen it in all the congregations I have attended or visited. If it is in writing, I suspect it is in a BOE.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember several occasions when the Bro called on the speaker to give the prayer, but apparently the speaker(s) left before the end of the meeting!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Was always the case when I was in, however when I was WT conductor sometimes we had a couple of visiting speakers who were simply awful, and I always picked on someone else to say the closing prayer, a few in the hall picked up on it and found it humerous, i was never called up about it.

• bildad
    bildad

Question Box - km 07 p 3

"The Watchtower Study Conductor will usually call on the brother who gave the public talk to offer the closing prayer"

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, bildad. I spent about 5 minutes looking for that...have to have the right terms.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

This happened in the various congregations I attended.

Kool Jo

• hoser
    hoser

Thanks I found it in the may 07 km like bildad said

it is a suggestion but we all know what suggestions mean in the borg

"The Watchtower Study conductor will introduce the first song to be used in conjunction with the study. He will conduct the study in harmony with published instructions and then announce the concluding song. The Watchtower Study conductor will usually call on the brother who gave the public talk to offer the closing prayer.
    Observing these general guidelines will help to ensure that our congregation meetings are conducted in a unified manner."

hoser

• piztjw
    piztjw

Yep, suggestions are rules, unless you are an elder, an elders kid, or soome other brown-nosing ass kisser; then rules are merely suggestions. The same thing with sins. Imperfections are DF'ing sins if you are R&F, but DF'ing offenses are merely imperfections to be overlooked if you are one of the elite!

• Glander
    Glander

Yes. Anytime I gave the PT as a visiting speaker and stayed through the WT study I was called on.

I gave the same talk at two different KH one Sunday and I bugged out after both.

• prologos
    prologos

not only does he say the closing prayer, he also says the opening prayer over the mandatory meal he is treated to, and then

sometimes he should also be asked to say the prayer for forgiveness for near gluttony,- if it was a smorgasboard affair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit