Is it a tradition in your congregation for the visiting speaker to give the final prayer on Sunday?

by hoser 21 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

Every congregation I have attended this is the case. I was wondering if this is just a local thing or if it is an unwritten rule worldwide?

hoser

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Everywhere I've ever attended.

Doc

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It is a written rule. As long as the speaker doesn't have to leave before the end of the Watchtower study.

• hoser
    hoser

Some rogue watchtower study conducter should challenge the rule by asking someone else to do the prayer!

• hoser
    hoser

It is a written rule. As long as the speaker doesn't have to leave before the end of the Watchtower study.

where is it written?

and if the speaker is a local brother is he still used to say the final prayer?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I think it's in the Elder's book or one of the books that dictate how the meetings are run. Perhaps a BOE letter. I remember going over this information in a ministerial servants and elders meeting. Perhaps it was the OD book?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yep everywhere I have been it has been the tradition/rule. Never knew it was a written rule, I'm sure someone can dig up the source.

• Razziel
    Razziel

It's definitely in writing. Maybe the old green "Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry" book?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If I kept all my books intead of trashing them I could probably find it pretty quick. Pretty sure it is in the one that Razziel stated. Of course that information is outdated since they changed the format of the meetings.

• bildad
    bildad

We had an Elder and his Ministerial Servant son visit th KH where I was the WT Conductor once. At the end of the meeting I called on the MS son to give the closing prayer. After the mtg one of the elders questioned me about it. He said it was ok but was really different!

What a way to rock his world! Sort of like hunting fleas on the Sabbath. One of those arbitrary rules thing.

I don't know if God listened to the MS prayer or not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit