Which is more weird ? Nov 15, 2013 page 20

by jwstudy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• rmt1
    rmt1

Tagging another thread, can this difference be explained by the TWS needing to transition from a centralized English-speaking fleece to a broader ESL fleece, who (striving not to make a racist statement here), due to various compounding effects of marginalization, particularly socioeconomic and educational, may be more easily persuaded by this wording?

It's hard for me to see all the calculated movements of the money-changers, and the painstaking attention to the absolute lack of detail by the sales floor, culminating in >anything< that unnecessarily trims their stock of potential fleece / customers. To argue so is to argue that the remaining fleece can be squeezed much further. Is that the case? Would preemptorally excommunicating people that haven't done a wrong by their own rules really bring in new converts?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's one for you. Last year, my nephew graduated high school. He had been shown "special attention" by the elders to make sure he got baptized several months before his graduation.

So at the graduation party, he's wearing the hat and shirt shown above. I am sure he totally did not get the irony of the whole situation. Neither do JW's when they are told to just blindly obey.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Simplified edition def. weirder... this needs to be sent to all the press outlets and local papers, etc. People need to see these are not just benign "Christians doing God's work" at their doors.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“bytheirworks”:

“I believe that the direction Watchtower will demand will be to disfellowship all inactive ones.”

Yeah, then they could shoot themselves in both feet at the same time. Dance, Watchtower fools, dance!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

GB Theme Song:

Listen Obey And BE Blessed:

Listen, Obey And Be Imaginarily Blessed

By The Faithful Slave When They Weild:

The Sword Of Authority

Don't Get Disfellowshipped Or Ignore Or Or Or Us

Or Else There Will Be He He He E

Surely Hell To Pay E Aaaaa Yaie Yahie Yaeous

• never a jw
    never a jw

Spanish siplified edition reads about the same except they add illogical

obey any instructions even if they sound illogical (paraphrasing)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit