Which is more weird ? Nov 15, 2013 page 20

by jwstudy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What they are really saying:

We've run out of good-sounding ideas to influence retention, let alone recruiting.
    So new things out of Watchtower will seem incredibly wild, maybe even stupid and
    backpedaling. DO NOT QUESTION IT! OBEY!! DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER WHETHER
    YOU AGREE WITH IT! JUST OBEY!!! Obeying the instructions you receive will allow
    us to keep getting your money and may be the only way to keep the organization
    alive in a future of free information and multiple lawsuits against us over pedophile
    issues.

• Mr Fool
    Mr Fool

"...all of us most be ready to obey any instructions we may receive..."

I like the humble, liberating and divine words that Jehovah forces to his beloved people.....

• carla
    carla

What isn't weird about jw wording? From a non (never been) jw standpoint they both sound very cultish. Scary would be the word that comes to my mind.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"I was just following orders!"

Funny, they didn't buy that at Nurembourg.

Kool Aid.

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

OK everyone. Just drink the koolaid. I know it might not sound logical or practical, but trust me..... etc.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

Watchtower November 15, 2013 page 20

Simplified Edition

(3) At that time, the direction that
    you receive from Jehovah’s organization
    may seem strange or unusual.

English Edition

(3) At that time, the lifesaving
    direction that we receive from
    Jehovah’s organization may not appear
    practical from a human standpoint.

I believe that the direction Watchtower will demand will be to disfellowship all inactive ones.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/260879/1/Mass-Disfellowshippings-of-Inactive-Ones

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

That's like asking, which tastes stranger, the red kool-aid or the orange kool-aid? They're both equally weird and contain the same poison message, "check your brain at the door and obey us without question no matter how crazy and impractical our instructions are". Can you say cult boys and girls?

ps

Good to see you're still in great form On the Way Out!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I don't think they'd do that, because aren't inactive ones potential returnees more so than dfd people? And potential returnees = more $.

• prologos
    prologos

the new topic set the theme by introducing the NAZI perallel. so:

How about the slogan :

GOLD geb ich fuer EISEN.?

Encouraging fanatical or gratefull enough members to

Exchange their wedding bands for Iron rings and turn the real ones in to the inner party.

There were many engineering graduates in Nazi land.

because the end is near, and you do not want to becaught with unrightious riches in the GB mayhem.

People throwing valubles into the streets, give to The GB/FDS instead

secure your salvation.

Watchtower survival saving bonds.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Yeah we get it "Listen Obey And Be Blessed" is the new theme song of the Governing Body even teaching children to sing it with gusto at last Anual Meeting display of loyalty to Faith and Discreet Slave bullshit broadcast over the internet. Obey us even if we are Loonie Toons bat shit crazy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit