How Many Enjoy Celebrating Holidays? Birthdays?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I admit that i do enjoy it, especially with my grandkids. Birthdays, too.

I believe we missed out on a lot of fun and normal activities because we were Witnesses.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i can't say i do. we were discussing the possibility of getting a small amount of money in an envelope and giving it to each other on our birthdays never bothering to open it just saving it to the next persons and handing it to them. last christmas ended with a row and some going to bed early. this could have been due to taste testing various single malt scotch whiskeys whilst discussing the bible.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This morning I don't enjoy anything. I find no pleasure in days.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I enjoy celebrating birthdays. Holidays (except thanksgiving) not so much. But the kids love it all.

• minimus
    minimus

I'm like a child with presents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I enjoy putting up Christmas lights and decorations. The lights are nice--multicolored lights that twinkle are the best.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Birthdays Xmas Halloween - great excuses for partying with our ExJW buddies.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I felt like that SlimBoyFAT, when I lost a close family member

everything seemed cloudy and gray even when the sun shined

Sometimes we have to push ourselves to find somethin' to smile about

Find somethin' to celebrate

Trust, it's worth the effort. Jus' try

• losingit
    losingit

I plan on celebrating Thanksgiving (I love tge traditional meals)on the day *of* , not afterwards as I have normally done. Alao, I will begin decorating my house seasonally for Christmas. No tree yet. But definitelygifts! Birthdays as well.

• naazira
    naazira

I don't celebrate. I still feel guilty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit