Dinosaur Soft Tissue, Blood, & DNA Catalog of Peer Reviewed Papers

by Perry 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

'self deception'- seems to be something you excel in. You may wake up in 40 years maybe not.

• Glander
  • designs
    designs

LiveScience had a good article on Beasts and Dragons- how our myths developed. www.livescience.com

• adamah
    adamah

Perry said-

You have the evidence of your own eyes.... soft dinosaur tissue that couldn't possible last for millions of years anywhere, much less pourous limestome. It's impossible to demonstrate otherwise.

IRONY ALERT!

Perry is citing the example of Dr Schweitzer's claim of soft tissue surviving in fossils as if it supports his claim that scientists are BIGOTS and close-minded, when in fact the very example of Dr Schweitzer's claim being verified by another subsequent study actually disproves Perry's claim.

(although the VAST EXPERIENCE of hundreds of palentologists as such proteins NOT surviving still persists, such that this is more of the rare exception to the rule; nevertheless, palentologists are aware that it's MAY be a possibility under rare unique circumstances, a footnote of interest to some).

We are simply asked to believe.

Nonsense: if you have the talent, YOU TOO are free to do what Dr Schwitzer did: get your undergrad degree, get your doctorate, and do the WORK yourself! Then you don't HAVE to believe or rely on what others TELL YOU; you can reproduce the expriments, develop your OWN hypotheses, and actually DO SOMETHING constructive to advance human knowledge.

I won't hold my breath, waiting....

Perry, you still haven't proven your claim that dinosaurs were roaming the Earth in the Ancient Near East when the book of Job was written.

PS on this:

The human mind seems absolutely pre-disposed to self-deception. This is a fundamental teaching of Christianity:

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,"

Irony alert #2. Didn't Jesus even speak to the powers of self-delusion, saying "they have eyes, but they cannot see" AND "looking for splinters in the eyes of others, yet being unable to see the rafters in their own eyes"?

Of course, Jesus was talking about the UNBELIEVERS, right?

Not you, God forbid, since it was those "ARROGANT" men who didn't get the point Jesus was talking about, and NOT men of FAITH like YOU!

Adam

• Perry
    Perry

I forgot to mention in my last list the now scientifically PROVEN half life of DNA at only a mere 521 years.

And yet, we are asked to ignore this evidence and just believe that Dinosaur bones are the exception, because they have been found with DNA fragments.

So let's review:

1. Fresh tissue is indicative of a yound age, unless it is dinosaur tissue, then it isn't

2. The distinctive odor of rotting flesh is indicative of a young age unless it is dinosaur corpse stench, then it isn't

3. Carbon 14 dating is accurate unless it is performed on dinosaur soft tissue, then it isn't

4. DNA has a scientifically proven half life of 521 years unless it is dinosaur DNA, then it doesn't

• jgnat
    jgnat

In my niche specialty, I needed to find out how long paper lasts before it deteriorates. The answer is "it depends". If the paper is preserved in an atmosphere absent of water or oxygen (i.e. vaccum), it will last forever.

Elements (atoms) are different than molecules. Barring a terrific application of force (i.e. particle accelerator), they don't break down in to other components because they are already broken down to their essence. All the larger atoms will do is lose is an electron or so, and they will...at a reliable rate of decay. That's why certain elements are used to date very old objects.

So there you go. Under very rare conditions, organic molecules might survive. I had thought the most they had preserved of prehistoric animals is RNA strands.

• designs
    designs

King David had the unthankful job of taking Dino out for his evening walk.

• Perry
    Perry

Schweitzer’s team detected DNA in three independent ways. Indeed, one of these chemical tests and specific antibodies specifically detect DNA in its double–stranded form. This shows that it was quite well preserved, since short strands of DNA less than about 10 bp don’t form stable duplexes. The stain DAPI 19 lodges in a groove of a stable double helix, which requires even more bp.

Again, the first possible response by long-agers is “contamination”. But the DNA was not found everywhere, but only in certain internal regions of the ‘cells’. This pattern was just like in ostrich cells, but nothing like biofilm taken from other sources and exposed to the same DNA-detecting pattern. This is enough to rule out bacteria, because in more complex cells (such as ours and dinos), the DNA is stored in a small part of the cell—the nucleus.

Futhermore, Schweitzer’s team detected a special protein called histone H4. Not only is yet another protein a big problem for millions of years, but this is a specific protein for DNA. (DNA is Deoxy-riboNucleic Acid, so is negatively charged, while histones are alkaline so positively charged, so they attract DNA). In more complex organisms, the histones are tiny spools around which the DNA is wrapped. 20 But histones are not found in bacteria. So, as Schweitzer et al. say, “These data support the presence of non-microbial DNA in these dinosaur cells.” 11

Conclusion

It’s hard to improve on one of Mary Schweitzer’s early quotes:

It was exactly like looking at a slice of modern bone. But of course, I couldn’t believe it. I said to the lab technician: “The bones are, after all, 65 million years old. How could blood cells survive that long?” 21
  • designs
    designs

Dr. Schweitzer is indeed doing important work in her field but she resents the Young Earth Creationists hijacking her findings for their own agendas.

Smithsonian Magazine has the article to read on this www.smithsonianmag.com

• Perry
    Perry

Designs, So what? JW's resent having their works scrtinized as well. That is meaningless.

I thought we had all finally evolved to the point where we could examine things and ask questions even if some don't like the questioning. Questioning led us all out of the WT. Why stop now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit