disfellowshipping untruths

by wallievase 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wallievase
    wallievase

If the whole disfellowshipping arrangement is from the bible, where are the scriptures that say you can appeal decisions or that if you are reproved what 'privileges' can be taken away? Or what about the fact that any offense they want can be lumped under uncleanness and used to kick you out?

• nugget
    nugget

Brazen conduct is a much more pernicious catch all now and often cruely misapplied. There is not scripture that supports it since it is a set of rules dreamt up by men. This is why the shepherd book has so many chapters on the subject.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Here are some disfellowshipping scriptures in the bible:

John 16:1-4

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU.

Isaiah 66:5

Hear the word of Jehovah, YOU men who are trembling at his word: "YOUR brothers that are hating YOU, that are excluding YOU by reason of my name, said, ‘May Jehovah be glorified!’ He must also appear with rejoicing on YOUR part, and they are the ones that will be put to shame."

Romans 9:25-26

It is as he says also in Ho·se´a: "Those not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved ‘beloved’; 26 and in the place where it was said to them, ‘YOU are not my people,’ there they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’"

Here is the announcement made from the Kingdom Hall platform:

[Name of person] is no longer a Jehovah's Witness

YOU are not my people

excluding YOU by reason of my name

Considering the scriptures posted above I wonder why anyone would NOT want to be disfellowshipped?

abe

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Disfellowshipping may be scriptural, but shunning is inhumane. Yesterday's whiny WT in paragraph #17 was a slick plug by the org.to justify shunning as a "loving" provision to help disfellowshipped ones 'come to their senses'. I also noticed how the org. misused or even twisted the words in 1 Cor.5:6, 7, 11 by stating that loyalty by (disfellowshipped)Robert's family required "not even greeting such ones." The scripture in 1 Cor. 5:6, 7, 11 says 'not even eating with such a man'. O well at least 'greeting' and 'eating' rhyme. 2 John has information about not greeting the 'antichrist'. A disfellowshipped sinner is not the same as the 'antichrist'.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    Disfellowshipping may be scriptural, but shunning is inhumane. Yesterday's whiny WT in paragraph #17 was a slick plug by the org.to justify shunning as a "loving" provision to help disfellowshipped ones 'come to their senses'. I also noticed how the org. misused or even twisted the words in 1 Cor.5:6, 7, 11 by stating that loyalty by (disfellowshipped)Robert's family required "not even greeting such ones." The scripture in 1 Cor. 5:6, 7, 11 says 'not even eating with such a man'. O well at least 'greeting' and 'eating' rhyme. 2 John has information about not greeting the 'antichrist'. A disfellowshipped sinner is not the same as the 'antichrist'.

and so the Jehovah's Witnesses imagine they are doing a sacred service to God!

John 16:1-4

"I have spoken these things to YOU that YOU may not be stumbled. 2 Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God. 3 But they will do these things because they have not come to know either the Father or me. 4 Nevertheless, I have spoken these things to YOU that, when the hour for them arrives, YOU may remember I told them to YOU.

Here is what Jesus Christ said a few verses later while addressing this disfellowshipping" situation:

John 16:20

Most truly I say to YOU, YOU will weep and wail, but the world will rejoice; YOU will be grieved, but YOUR grief will be turned into joy.

There is a lot of weeping and wailing in the Ex-Jehovah's Witness community.

The very large majority of disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses still just don't get it!

When the penny drops (so to speak) that will change.

abe

• wallievase
    wallievase

Oh and I almost forgot the 'necessary business' clause not being in their also

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If the whole disfellowshipping arrangement is from the bible, where are the scriptures that say you can appeal decisions or that if you are reproved what 'privileges' can be taken away?

King David lost his position as king for the adulterous relationship with Bathsheba and conspiracy to murder Uriah.

OOPS!

NO HE DIDN'T.

Forget I said that.

Doc

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Someone made a good comparison between judicial committees and Jesus' trial before his death. Can anyone remember that thread?

• caliber
    caliber

As mentioned above a "sinner " is put in the same category as an "Antichrist ." not even speaking to such because of great personal risk 1Jn2:2

This is certainly overdoing it... it is much like inferring that you need a "restraining order.."

which is put in place for protection against supposed harassment, domestic abuse or stalking

No contact at all as if. ....your very presence is a great personal threat .

It is as harsh as saying every crime or infraction of the law is worthy of the death sentence

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

ablebodiedman - along with what you posted are also the scriptures where Jesus says that you will be killed yet not a hair on your head will fall. How can that happen? Well, the WT itself likens disfellowshipping to putting to death, since laws today don't allow putting to death physically. The scriptures on family delivering you up, etc, match those turned in to the elders, and they think they are doing a service to God. I also feel all those scriptures were foretelling disfellowshipping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit