I just got ripped off for two grand :-(

by Mindchild 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Imbue
    Imbue

Stirring things up again Teejay?

[edited to wave to 'whatever']

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Since when is dealing in CASH illegal???

I ran a legit business (non-ferrous metals) for years that dealt mostly IN CASH. Which is the NORM for that business. Literally, I could go through 10 to 20 thousand dollars A DAY. A check? Visa?? Yeah, right. I would have been laughed at. My best customers would have flown the coupe elsewhere to someone that would give them CASH.

Get ripped off for cash? Kiss it goodbye, baby! Unless you have the bills marked, there is no way anything is going to be done. Oh sure, file a useless police report. Make accusations that cannot be proven. Nothing can or will be done about it.

Just my opinion.

Andee

• teejay
    teejay

Stirring things up again Teejay?

No. Just making a point that I think should be made.

Mindchild was among those that apparently missed the point of my “booted” thread, and defended kent. I know kent – been watching him for over a year. I think Mindchild either didn’t know kent or was unwilling to acknowledge what others saw as obvious. Mindchild posted the exact same thread on at least two different boards (here and kent’s) and I couldn’t help but notice the merciless and negative response he got over there. It’s a shame that it had to happen, too, since he had strongly defended kent and his board when it first got going. I’m thinking that maybe the way he was raked over the coals will serve as a warning for others.

One winter in the midst of a long cold spell, a farmer found a
      snake stiff and frozen with cold. The snake said to the Farmer,
      “If you pick me up and hold me to your stomach, your body
      will make me warm.”

“If I do that you will bite me,” said the farmer. “After all,
      you’re a snake.”

“Don’t be foolish, Mister. Why would I bite someone who saved
      my life?” Moved with pity, the farmer picked up the frozen
      snake and held it inside his coat.

Soon, as the farmer made his way home, the snake recovered
      by the warmth of the farmer’s body and bit the farmer, giving
      him a mortal wound. As he lay dying, the farmer cried, “why
      did you bite me after all I did for you?”

“You knew I was a snake when you picked me up, didn’t you?”

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Teejay,

No offense, my dear. However, if that is your little way to make a point (referring to your first post on this thread), hmmm let me see, how can I put this delicately.........

IT SUCKED!

Andee

• larc
    larc

Beautiful Garbage,

First off, that is a bad name accomponied by a nice picture. That causes me some cognitive dissonance, ya know what I mean???????

Now, before you say that what Teejay writes, just sucks, perhaps you should read the history of what he writes about. Do your home work or come across as an air head. It is your choice.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

I read this thread on both sites....

Sorry to hear of your loss, MC.

Question: It seems as if some members are unhappy with the island scheme and they have made investments in terms of time, money and location.... Is my interperetation correct?

• mommy
    mommy

Why Teejay would continue to beat a dead monkey is beyond me, course he may like beating monkey's

As for the out of context quotes he posted from another forum, even appearing on two seperate threads. That speaks volumes for how far he will go to instigate, pot stir, continue his destructive behavior, etc. Perhaps if everyone saw inside and outside of the box then all would be clear, that is just not possible now. I guess if you don't want to appear to be an "airhead" (did I get that right Larc?)then people should continue this in private email as has been suggested by Skipper.

I am actively involved with Skipper in this island deal. I have supported him on this forum before so I know that many of you know I am involved. As for the questions concerning his business practice, I feel they are legit questions. I have asked him myself, among other things, I have not heard a reply yet. Heck I haven't even weaseled his "real" name out of him yet. I guess he wants me to move there before I find out haha. In all fairness Skipper will be quite busy this week and has informed me he cannot answer my questions for another week. I am sure he will clear up any misunderstandings that have occured.
    wendy

• teejay
    teejay

Why Teejay would continue to beat a dead monkey is beyond me, course he may like beating monkey's

Wendy

I’ve noted the time stamps on the last post to MC’s thread over at your place and my post here. Abaddon posted 04-22-2002 03:40 PM and my post happened one day later. If you refer to a thread one day old as a “dead monkey,” you are welcome to that viewpoint. Others, including me, might have a different viewpoint and I think we’d be entitled.

Despite your attempts to deflect what was done to MC, *I* have not instigated, pot stirred or participated in any sort of “disruptive behavior.” Your allegation that it is ME that has done so is a bit hypocritical, imo.

Look, it’s simple. The way I read it is that MC had an incident happen that left him confused as to what to do. He asked people he considers his friends for suggestions on how to handle it. I didn’t see his post as a scam or a request for money – not dishonest in any way.

Before it was over, people were posting about an entirely unrelated issue as you’ve done here (the “island thing” – whatever THAT is), inferring that it was/is a shady deal. More importantly, he endured all sorts of questioning attacks on his character from the mouths of his friends. I played NO PART in that.

Your suggestion to “take it to email” comes a little late, imo. As far as I’m concerned, that suggestion would have best been followed by <names deleted> days ago. Rather, they made their derisive suspicions very public. Sorry they did that. Aren’t you?

The different ways he was treated here as opposed to there is clear for all to see. MC is a solid poster. He creates well-written, thoughtful, and thought-provoking threads. More than that, he was a defender of kent and what he (MC) thought was a fine purpose for the genesis of your board. For a defender of a board (and a person) to be pummeled as Mindchild was in a time of loss and need – and by more than just one or two, AND PUBLICLY – was pretty sad, don’t YOU think?

If you don't mind me saying... your effort to make ME the bad guy comes across as a bit disingenuous.

• mommy
    mommy

Teejay,
    The monkey I was refering to is the "my board" "his board" mentality you continue to dwell on. It is really pathetic, and I feel bad for you.

As for my other comments. The ones who responded to Kent are privy to information, you just don't have. Their reactions may not be the same as yours because they have a better picture of all the facts. Refering to private email was suggested because the facts have not been made public yet. I think Larc suggested that those who don't know the history are "airheads" I would not go that far, I will say as I did above. Skipper is very busy this week, so busy he cannot even respond to me a business partner of his. So how about we just wait until he comes back and he will clear the air.
    wendy

• mommy
    mommy

BTW I forgot to add Teejay, it was not my suggestion to take it to email it was Skipper's. After he made that request there has been no more talk of it. I only made this post here in all fairness to him because he is busy this week.
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit