Zebras (Awake! magazine Jan 2001)

by Duncan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Lisa,

: Didn't Focus at one time write a treatise on carnivores who love straw?

It was me. No one else is that crazy, not even Focus.

Farkel

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Many of the articles are just plain embarrassing. Most of the content these days has very little to do with the Bible and how they manage to make these subjects 'bible-related' is often stretched beyond reason.

This religion is fast becoming a religion of old men and ladies who are completely lost in their own little world. They grow more out of touch ever day. No wonder the young people are leaving as they realize they are a bunch of nuts.

I still shake my head in disbelief at that quote that reading the magazines is the equivelent of a 4 year degree. What a brilliant scam to have been able to mislead so many so completely for so long.

Path

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    JWs are for all intents and purposes illiterate.

Hmm, most of the participants at this board were JW. Did they become literate when becoming XJW?

I think when you are a JW you find explainations for all kind of stuff:
    "There are people out there who need it written that way."
    "The contents is too deep for me, I just don't understand."
    "The brothers preparing that stuff do more research than me."
    "Okay, this is maybe not correct but the light gets brighter."

But deep in your mind you keep thinking about it. When things don't get better the day comes when you say to yourself: "What a BS."

• Gozz
    Gozz

C,

here's the (short) thread

It's Awake Jan 2001.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The hand of Jehovah did this and its final, we shall not discuss it anymore!

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

what's black and white, and eats like a horse?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    How does the Great Teacher answer?

?Shut Up! Shut up with all your questions! The zebra?s got stripes because it?s God?s Will! Same goes for the Elephant, and for those blasted wells, and for everything! Stop asking all your damn-fool questions! It?s just God?s Will! And that should be good enough for you! Got that??

While I read this, I heard a "Mel Brooks" type voice saying the above!!! LOL!

• joenobody
    joenobody

Holy resurrected thread Batman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit