Did you ever fake field service?

by LyinEyes 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

For years I was super diligent and scorned any attept to bolster hours (trudge, trudge, trudge) Toward the end I just realised that it was a paper game, so I just wrote a medium range number on my slip, not too few, not too many (say, between 6 and 11 hours per month). I'd go to the occasional group (and probably conduct it), play all the tricks I'd ever seen, heard of or imagained for getting out of talking to anyone, then nick off home via McD's (my self-harming treat to myself). I just wished I'd gotten on to that system much, much earlier.

Eventually I reduced the (bogus) numbers to 3 or 4 a month and let them come hound me. Then I stopped putting in a report, went on a months vacation and never went back!! All sweet since then...

Cheers

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Haha! This was the universal JW practice. When pioneering, you found ways to count ever stitch of time possible. Streeeeeetching things was the rule, not the exception. Looking back, I wished I had done less actual FS and just made up time like writerpen did - although, I do have to say the last year or 2 I was 'in' I did just make up hours - usually low ones like 4 or 5 so as not to be suspisious[sp?] to the elders who had not seen my face at one FS meeting all month. They never questioned it ...

• noidea
    noidea

<gasp>..You mean we were suppose to actually go out for the hours we turned in? And people were really expected to accept literature for all those placements????...No one ever clues me in.

• LB
    LB

Sure, faked it better than a Vegas hooker with a thousand dollar bill on the nightstand. You bet baby.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Example, letter writing, driving by the same house , when you knew no one was home.

Oh, I went waaaaaay beyond that! I actually LIED! [GASP] That’s right, I put things down on my time sheet that simply were not true.

Hmmm, how many hours this month? 11 sounds good.
    Hmmm, how many magazines? 16, yeah that should fit the hours.
    Hmmm, how many RVs? 3, that should fit too.

All the while I never set foot in field service.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• plmkrzy
  • Valis
    Valis

You forgot, ducking into the alley, and saying you were on the street over..hmmm oh and going up to the door and just standing there for a few minutes, ..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• SYN
    SYN

Is it just me, or did all you people work at Enron?

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

As a teenager we would go out and go to doors of classmates we knew. Get invited in & hang out watching TV or talking for a while. Rolling our eyes at what our 'crazy' religious parents were making us do.

Later, as a pioneer - I needed to get my magazine count up so I would place back-issues at not-at-homes & count them.

closer

Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
    Sand and water, and a million years gone by - beth nielsen chapman

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

my friend and i use to go up to the doors and pretend to ring the doorbell or knock very lightly. i was never any good a field service, when i acutally get someone at the door, i'd just stumble thru my presentation, get the no thanks and be on my merry way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit