Getting ready for Winter... This guy does a beautiful job of splitting fire wood.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hmm.. Weld a pipe to the side of a regular axe, stuck a handle through the pipe.... There ya go. A little careful measuring and a little fiddling. But, at 300 bucks for the imported one, it gives a little encouragement for diy.

S

Ps, what a great idea.

• Heikki Kärnä
    Heikki Kärnä

Hello Lois Lane

Thank you for your opinion about my invention.

Birch is the most commen fire wood in Finland. Also pine and fir are widely used. Then there are numerous amounts different kind of other trees which do not have very big significanse.

When I started to think about better way to split wire wood I made many kind of experiments. Security was one of the things that worried me a lot.

There has neve been any safety elements before in the hand operational fire wood splitting.

I attached the tire to the chopper block and this way I got the opportunity to series split many blocks one after an other without touching and continuously lifting them up to the chopper bkock.

I do not recomend the tire with the conventional (wedge)axe because it penetrates all the way through the block and so there is a big possibility that sooner or later there will be part of the block under the handle that may get broken or you will get strong chock to your hands. The blade of the Vipukirves/Leveraxe allways remains on the surface of the block so that the handle very seldom even touches the block.

Even if you do not use the tire on the chopper block, the block you are splitting remains on the chopper block, because the Vipukirves/Leveraxe causes all the power to the left. This happens so fast that the mass of the splitted block will keep it in it's position as long as there is anything left to split.

I have tried to attach some videos, but haven't found yet the way, how to do it.

If you Google or use some other searsh machine, you can find a lot information about this invention.

Also YouTube is very handy to see the videos. Search by words Vipukirves and Leveraxe.

Based to the feedback, what I get nearly daily bases, The hard wood is not a problem any more.

I ship the AXEs all around the world. The price has been the same over eight years. Anfortunately there is the big water between us which means some shipping expenses. Also the value of USD. is not very favoufable against EUR, but I cannot effect to those things.

I correct here the opinion of Nathan Natas. The total price including the shipping is 203 EU. This equals 278.66USD. The price is tax free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit