Getting ready for Winter... This guy does a beautiful job of splitting fire wood.

by LoisLane looking for Superman 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Is that birch wood he's splitting?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Oh no it's not I can see the bark now.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Is it aspen? I grew up in NYC, where all our trees are either concrete or aluminum.

• Heikki Kärnä
    Heikki Kärnä

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my invention Vipukirves/Leveraxe.

The conventional axe was invented by the man in stone age. The axe blade was made of stone. Today the same blade is made of iron. Where is the development?

Is there any? Threre has been thousans of attempts to get rid of friction. Atleast the same amount of attempts have been in trying to add the splitting force.

First time in the history the above mentioned problems have been solved.

The friction is neally non existent in the Vipukirves/Leveraxe and the splitting force is many times bigger than in the conventional axes.

How can this be possible? Because the eccentric blade there are some advantages which have never been available before.

The blade rotates at the fraction of a second at the very moment when the edge of the blade touches the surface of the block. It penetrates on an optimum strike only 5 millimertes (a quarter of an inch)into the block. This was the friction part. The blade leans to the right, the leverage happens which multiplies the splitting force many times bigger, all the kinetic energy turns to the left and pushes part of the log away.

The blade will not get stuck into the block. It stops on the top of the block. All the above mentioned happend fully automatically. Important is that you hold the handle as gently as possible to allow the rotation.

The Vipukirve/ Leveraxe have been on the market over eight (8) years. There has happened NO accident. In fact, first time in the history of axe-like tools, there are safety efements build into the blade, which stop the blade. There is no fear that you could hurt yourself as with the conventional axes.

Well. Let this be hopefully fruitful start to our conversation. In case somebody would like to get more infotmation, I will be delighted to answer to any of your questions to the best of my knovledge.

There is a lot information about this invention in Google and other search machines. Also YouTube know this.

Yes, I am the man in the video. I am also writing by my own name because I have no need to be as inkognito.

I have alot to tell you about the easiest way how to split firewood manually, only if you allow me. I am not willing to argue with anybody and I hope that there will be preferebly questions instead of arguments.

Best regards

Heikki, the inventor

PS. Sorry for my limited English, you see, I an Finnish.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Heikki, I am the one that 'found' you and posted this several months ago. I had been trying to find the 'best' ax and found your video.

I haven't bought an ax. Since then I have hurt my shoulder so chopping wood and playing golf are out for me for a while.

Thank you for posting here.

It is quite wonderful to 'meet' you.

I hope you and your family are fine.

LoisLane

• jgnat
  • cofty
    cofty

Hello. Heikki welcome.

I didn't notice the axe I was impressed by the old tyre :)

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Heikki, When I saw your video the first time, I was mesmerized and watched it several times in a row. You should get a trophy for doing such a beautiful job.

What kind of wood are you splitting?

May I ask about the concept of putting a wood round in a tire , so that the wood stays in one place. I had never witnessed that before. Quite brilliant.

LoisLane

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Interesting. Much safer and more productive than the way I used to do it.

I'd noticed that it twisted when he struck the wood. Half-way through the video, there is a closeup on the blade. Interesting design.

http://vipukirves.fi/english/description.htm

• prologos
    prologos

label licker, each wood has it's niche in the wood evolution, and the intertwined ELM, like Striped mahagony are made for split-resistant applications.

The central HUBS of the wooden wagon wheels,- perhaps.

This tool is great, simple when used with skil on the shown species, also OAK in quarter split.

Nathan, Aspen ?yes perhaps Poplar, looks like linden, but not the bark.

hortensia, Cedar wood is a great splitting kind, particularly old growth, split shingels are still made from it. a great wood for this nifty invention.

There was a split-ax on the market that had levers coming out the sides once the edge had penetrated.

The tire trick is neat, for it keeps the bunch in place to place all those finishing blows.

Heikki 's life is made,--as easy as uekse, keukse .kolome.

congragatulations, and happy retirement (fund)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit