Oh the irony!

by Captain Blithering 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hahaa, ive gotta do a demo this week about responding to the question 'are jw's false prophets'?

Shall I throw in a couple more arguments than the o es I'm given?......

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh goodness you must have nerves of steel and a stomach of iron to do that talk, or even stay in jws. But, it would be a good opportunity to mention 1925 etc because most jws don't know about that.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yup, mention all the false dates, and then give the WT's own weak excuse "At least we were awake and looking for the Kingdom," then add " for 130 or more years"

May make some think.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face I'm afraid.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Please share your outline and what scriptures and publications you will be using to prove your point.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Use the scripture in Deuteronomy 18:20-22 and then Luke 21:8.......

Let us know how you get on...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

If you do it right, It will be the last one they ever ask you to give. Then you will have so much less stress in your life!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

You could really use this part to get some cognitive dissonance going with their minds. Get some old WT and Awake quotes read out. 'What will the 1970's bring? Is time running out for this generation?' And the classic, 'Generation that will not pass away'magazine. You could have people falling out of chairs with the uncomfortable feeling that you produce.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

I would start out with: "I've been asked to give a talk on if Jw's are false prophets.....But the question that totally burns in my soul ........ Are Jehovah witness a dangerous cult. And the answer is Yes.

And sit down.

• Comatose
    Comatose

He has the demo in the part, not the part.

I would only add in one additional item to the demo and keep it simple and covert. After the householder asks about mistaken dates or something, you could say, "you must be referring to what happened in 1975 or in the 1980's when the Watchtower said those who saw 1914 would not all pass away?" Householder says yes, and then you move on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit