Oh the irony!

by Captain Blithering 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

I would only add in one additional item to the demo and keep it simple and covert. After the householder asks about mistaken dates or something, you could say, "you must be referring to what happened in 1975 or in the 1980's when the Watchtower said those who saw 1914 would not all pass away?" Householder says yes, and then you move on.

Better yet, then have an accomplice kill the mains electricity, so the main hall goes to pitch-black until the backup batteries turn on; then afterwards, call it a miracle, a sign from Jehovah. :)

NS said-

I would start out with: "I've been asked to give a talk on if Jw's are false prophets.....But the question that totally burns in my soul ........ Are Jehovah witness a dangerous cult. And the answer is Yes.

Well, it's amazingly weak on the supportive-evidence front to support that conclusion (and it's not like there's not TONS of evidence out there), but at least the conclusion IS correct. It's just not anywhere close to resembling a fully-formed argument, and thus has a squat chance of being effective except to convince the incredibly gullible and weak-minded, who'd have to take it on faith, your word (the very ones who are MOST likely to STAY IN the JWs, due to social pressures; they trust the power of the group more than individuals, esp those speaking apostate-talk without bothering to explain WHY they believe what they do).

Adam

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

HahAHaa, yes an accomplice would be nice, even to have one in this whole city!

As mentioned, I'm only doing the demo, and only the householder at that.

I suspect the most I can get away with is not looking convinced by the reasoning given. But my beard gives me away anyway, I'm obviously not of the right heart condition..

• Splash
    Splash

See if you can ask your demo partner "so what does identify a false prophet?"

Splash

• sspo
    sspo

Make sure that by the time you're done with it that you have convinced at dozen or so JW's to walk away from the watchtower because it is a cult.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

This talk made me sick. The argument is that since the apostles had false expectations and asked Jesus the question " are you restoring the kingdom at this time?", that we are the same as an organization. We just had false expectations. Were the apostles false prophets? no, then jws arent either. Such a flawed argument....

1. There is a difference between asking a question and making a prediction.

2. The apostles didn't force others to believe their wrong expectation.

the meeting ended with song 116, the "light gets brighter" with the verse "our lord has given us a trustworthy slave to give us food in due season"

these types of parts prove that there is willful deception going on at the upper level of the cult.

• clarity
    clarity

" our lord has given us a trustworthy slave to give us food in due season"

Skinned .... wow ..just wow!

clarity

• happy@last
    happy@last

As a householder then can you not say "I've heard you guys have predicted the end of the world on several occassions, the dates came and went, doesn't that make you false prophets?"

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Captain Blithering, Just cover how to respond to non-JWs asking about the Big A in 1878, 1914, 1925, 1975, changes in Watchtower doctrine, how the GB is the mediator with God instead of Jesus Christ for the non-annointed JWs, and how non-JWs use Wikipedia to research the WTBTS. I would have mentioned www.jwfacts.com, but I did not want you to be stoned.

If you would can you post what paltitudes that you would be teaching JWs to respond to non-JWs.,

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

This is not just irony it is mass deception. DataDog had a great thread on this.

• adamah
    adamah

happyatlast said-

As a householder then can you not say "I've heard you guys have predicted the end of the world on several occassions, the dates came and went, doesn't that make you false prophets?"

Ah, the direct approach, of pre-emptively bringing up the challenge.

Unfortunately, most listeners won't even be phased by such a direct question, since they'll accept a one-word respond: "NO!" People will unquestioningly accept the answer they WANT to hear, so there's no more need than a one-word answer.

(Oh, be sure to say it FIRMLY, and with CONVICTION, in a solid-unwavering manner with an exclamation point at the end! That kind of approach fools the JW audience EVERY TIME, and they'll accept the conclusion without even needing to use their brain glucose to weigh the merits of any supportive evidence). Works like a charm EVERY time!

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit