Wrongdoing

by Shimmer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

My eight year old daughter asked a very interesting and thought provoking question the other day and I thought I would ask it here. She asked "If you were allowed to do something bad, what would it be?" Interestingly enough, both her and my son and me all picked the same thing, which was stealing. I just said stealing, she said stealing toys, and he said stealing money from the bank.

So what would you do?

Shimmer

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

So, nobody wants to be bad little boys and girls? Even if you wouldn't get caught? C'mon don't be shy!!

Shimmer

• dmouse
    dmouse

Well, I think you picked the only ‘bad’ thing that isn’t universally condemned as being bad.
    Many cultures accept stealing as a good thing, it depends on whom you steal from. At least many view wasting company time on the internet as OK, or making personal telephone calls from a company phone. These things are all technically stealing but few people, except the bill payers, have a problem with it.
    Technically it’s stealing but even the bible acknowledges that you should ‘not muzzle a threshing bull.’
    Some ancient heroes made their names by stealing. Remember Robin Hood?

On the other hand to admit to wanting to be doing other ‘bad’ things, even in fantasy, would outrage a large proportion of the population. For example what if I said that I wanted to murder someone? Or rape a woman? Can you imagine the tirade that would come my way?

That’s why you’ve had so little response to this thread. We won’t admit our darkest desires even to ourselves, let alone other people. It’s much too scary.

That having been said, I’ve always wanted to twist You Know’s poorly hand.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

Hi Shimmer. Interesting question at least.

If I could do something naughty I guess I would tie up Prisca and kidnap her. I would take her away to Aruba for an afternoon of ocean sailing and margaritas on the beach. And following: a quiet evening of dining and dancing under the moonlight as Caribbean music plays in the distance. (Sigh...) Okay, then I'd take her back home, untie her and run.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Hey...I'm not afraid of this thread. I will be completely candid and probably scare the hell out of everyone here.

Now, my one desireable wrongdoing has changed over the years. It hasn't always remained the same. About 15 years ago, I remember thinking if I could commit ONE crime without reprisals, it would be to kill my Father. Yes, kill, as in dead. If the reader of this post knew the tormented childhood I had, and the mans continuing transgressions against me as an adult, they would be in amazement that the man continues to walk the earth today. The JW's deserve him.

There have been others. However, my lastest one is the demise of a boy,who is now 11, that when he gets a chance, delights in harassing and teasing my daughter. He has taken her bicycle and written sick twisted little notes to her. In general, he has it in for her. Calling the police, having my husband confront this little bastards Grandparents (who raise him) has somewhat subdued him, but if no one is looking, he attempts to say something threatening to her. Luckily, we no longer live near this little creep. Yet, if I had my wish, I would kidnap the little bastard, tie him to a giant red ant hill, and videotape his slow and agonizing death. Then celebrate while the buzzards picked at his rotting dead carass.

So, I guess my wrongdoing is murder.

Andee

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Good point dmouse about people not wanting to reveal their dark fantasies. I do have a friend that I asked, tell me that he would like to murder or rape someone. Which I have to say was quite disturbing to hear. Of course after I made him feel like Jack the Ripper for admitting to that, he changed it to getting revenge on someone he doesn't like by kicking the sh** out of him.

Shimmer

• LB
    LB

Shimmer I can honestly understand the desire to murder someone. But to have a desire to rape someone? That's pretty sick I'd say. That guys a perv.

Oh and my secret would be to shoot someone that needs shooting.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• LucidSky
    LucidSky
    Shimmer I can honestly understand the desire to murder someone. But to have a desire to rape someone? That's pretty sick I'd say.

Given the choice? Hmmm... let me think here... yep, I'd rather be raped.

• LB
    LB

Well Lucid I don't think the question was posed as to if you wanted to be a victim. Did you??

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

note to self: send nice flowers to Andee.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit