MUST SEE VIDEO: "Read God's Word the Bible Daily" sign removed from Brooklyn, NY Watchtower Bldgs

by disfellowshipped1 31 Replies latest social current

• SadElder
    SadElder

Anyone notice the drone flying around taking pictures? Wonder if it belonged to the dubs or local news? The Watchtower folks always seem to be able to buy any piece of gear they want.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

If only it were that easy to erase the WTB$ from our lives!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Those in attendance were happified.

Rub a Dub

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Soon to be replaced with:

"When we tell you to do something that defies rational thought, just obey and don't question it".

(W 11-15-13, p 20 study edition)

• glenster
    glenster

They're probably just making the building more general purpose to sell it and
    move into a new and better one.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Marking

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

They need to replace it with:

Goodbye & Good Riddance To A Horrific Self Glorifying Printing Corporation!

or

Don't Drink The Jim Jones Koolaid Of The Watchtower Corporation!

Or they could have stopped painting over it and left "Read God's Word" and Just added: "It's The Shits"

• under the radar
    under the radar

Is this onllne anywhere on a non-apostate, English-speaking website? I want to send it to several people, but they wouldn't even look at it if they suspected it was posted by apostates.

So closed-minded. Anyway, I'd love to tweak their noses with this video if I could get away with it...

• Gopher
    Gopher

My sister was in New York a couple nights ago, and she sent me pictures of the Watchtower time and temperature sign still flashing atop one of these buildings.

The Brooklyn headquarter buildings still belong to the Watchtower. Their headquarters are under construction in Warwick, NY and should be ready for use in 2017.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/green-light-for-warwick-hq-as-brooklyn-sales-pass-the-billion-mark

• cedars
    cedars

The footage of the sign removal is from 117 Adams Street. This building is one of the six in the factory/residential complex that recently changed hands for $375 million. As Gopher indicated, the waterfront Colombia Heights property (with its iconic Watchtower sign) is expected to be in use until 2017, but there have been reports indicating that a deal has already been done to sell this complex for $240 million. If true, this takes Watchtower's proceeds from Brooklyn sales past the billion mark.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit