If you were to protest an Assembly what would you put on your placard ?

by Finkelstein 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower a religious commercial fraud inspired from Satan !

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

As an organization, Are you really ready for Christ's Return?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would put :

Jehovah's People are asking "Why is the Governing Body so afraid of us looking at the Internet ?"

SEE

JWFacts.com

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Id dress up like a giant cartoon character tower with a clock in the front a foundatio block that sa 1914 and eyes from h r puffenstuff.g

• Splash
    Splash

"Why are you on anti-depressants?"

"Armageddon has been 'coming soon' for 130 years"

"Why do your beliefs keep changing? Jesus' teachings never changed"

"Yesterday's talk: 'Do More'
    Today's talk: 'Do More'
    Tomorrow's talk: 'Do More' "

"How hard must you work for the 'Free Gift'?"

"Use your smartphone: jwfacts.com"

Splash

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"Just how many "corners" ARE there?"

"Why didn't Jesus just SAY GenerationS?"

NJY

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I wonder what would go through the minds of JWs who saw either of the following:

The cover of the 1968 Awake! issue "Is It Later Than You Think?" side-by-side with an image of the 2012 Special Talk invitation of the same title (sorry, can't easily find a scan).

On the bottom of the placard it would simply read:

44 years. Is It Longer Than You Thought?

jwfacts.com

-and/or-

shunning contradiction

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good catch respectful_observer

This is exactly why my fist post .

Spinning hypocritical two faced lies and corruption .

This needs to be seen by the general public as well JWS.

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Jehovah's Witnesses Believe in

MAGIC FLOATING SKY OCEAN

Do You?

Jehovah's Witnesses Believe

MOUNT EVEREST IS 4K YEARS OLD

Do You?

Jehovah's Witnesses Believe

HYPER 'MICRO' EVOLUTION

Do You?

and so forth.....

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I think any message that criticizes the Org would be immediately dismissed as "apostate proganda and lies". I think the reaction and the resulting thought process would be quite different if all the signs displayed were images from WT publications.

Logically, what on earth could a JW complain about if someone is quietly and respectfully standing there with a large-scale image of something published by the WTS if the placard contained no 3rd-party commentary at all, with the exception of "jwfact.com" or something.

I often wondered what would happen if someone paid for a billboard near the convention facility and displayed only embarrassing or contradictory WT quotes. Because there's no "apostate" standing there, the fear of eye contact, etc. isn't there, and the person's less likely to look away in fear and stare at their shoes as they walk by.

During the DC this year, I imagined what would happen if someone had, ahead of the convention, snuck into the arena and hidden a HUGE banner rolled up in a black tube and attached it to the dark rafters where the catwalks, lights, curtain apparatus all sit above the stage. Then at some strategic point in the middle of a long talk a remote control trigger lets the banner drop for all to see. The banner simply has WT-published images and quotes (similar to my last post). I can only imagine the all-out panic that would ensue.

- Would the speaker stop mid-talk?

- Do you evacuate 5,000+ people so no one is forced to stare at it for the 30 min-hour it would take to get something like that down?

- Do they make some announcement like "Don't look at the 75' banner above the stage full of WTS quotes!!!?

Between tracking down facility personnel, getting up onto the catwalks and figuring how to get it down safely, I'm guessing it would take close to an hour.

Afterward, one of the speaker (maybe a GB member?) would HAVE to at least mention it as an emergency "Special Needs" mini-talk. What can they say, "Uhh....mentally diseased apostates are demostrating their hatred of Jehovah and his earthly organization by....um....showing quotes from our publications. That is all."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit