Create ten laws

by enigma1863 13 Replies latest jw friends

• enigma1863
    enigma1863

I want to start a survey and ask 1000 people of all ages and backgrounds that question and see what they come up with. I doubt even most of the christians will mention each of the ten commandments as the answer.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

1. Be excellent to each other.

2. Party on, dudes!

• adamah
    adamah

Here's one:

1. Everyone has a fundamental right to entertain their own thoughts, ideas, and beliefs (AKA freedom of thoughts), however whacky, silly and blasphemous they might be.

Jews and Christians, that doesn't apply to you, since your belief system says God can read your thoughts and will punish you for having certain "impure" thoughts (remember "Thou Shalt Not Covet", one of the 10 commandments? Desiring another man's possessions, including his wife, IS a thought crime)!

Jesus didn't change that, since he said to THINK of a sin was the same as actually committing it (eg to imagine commiting adultery with a women was the same as getting it on with her, right there on the spot!).

enigma said-

I want to start a survey and ask 1000 people of all ages and backgrounds that question and see what they come up with. I doubt even most of the christians will mention each of the ten commandments as the answer.

Being that they're SUPPOSED to be so important, it's always fun to ask people how many of the 10 commandments they can actually name.

Adam

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Also, which 10 commandments?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit