changed my mind from 8 years ago

by outforever 12 Replies latest jw friends

• outforever
    outforever

Hi everyone - I am back but under the name of outforever. I joined in 2005 under MADMAX - that is when I got dftd!

I then went to church and sort of joined - I then trusted in the "Lord" and my eyes were open to all the nonsense that was taught to us - but just could not get passed all the hypocracy in the chruch and still they just like the jw are teaching nonsense - sorry to all the Christians on the board, but after a lot of searching and reading and reading - I now believe that there is no god - no god at all.

Especailly after reading on this board about the flood, and how the animals were placed. How this god just not exsit - and just does not care at all about us! we as humans must take care of ourselves and put trust in ourselves - if we do not do it no one else will.

We cannot ask god for anything! as he is not "out there" or "in here"

What we must do is just "live in the moment"

thanks

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome back! I feel the same, we all have to try to make a difference, as we can if we all look for ways everyday. Change and improvement on a global scale take a longggggggg time. But, we can all daily make small steps that will be felt generations from now. Be a part of the solution. Be the change you want to see.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

You believe that the balance we have in the universe is all by accident? There is no Creator of all we see? The way our bodies work has no Designer? That is your choice. But I feel that even if there are things that we don't feel are quite right in the Bible, God is real and He exists.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

There would appear to be a creator to me, however why would this equate to a God status? Not only a God but a loving one?

The evidence is this god / creator has numbed it's feelings for any natural affections and silenced its ears for humans and their sufferings.

Look around and what do you see?

Please don't tell me to look at all the wonderful creations like the earth and all the other fleshless things as evidence of a God of love and concern.

SW

• bigmac
    bigmac

back in the mists of time--there were many things mankind didnt understand--the sun--the moon--stars--living things on earth--death----so they invented " god"----you cant blame them--it was the best they could come up with.

nowadays--things are very different--of course.---we understand a lot more about the sun--moon--stars--life--death etc--------but not everything.

so--just to be on the safe side--continue to believe in god--till we do understand the missing bits.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I wonder how my neurophsycology major son would answer the question? I am sure it would amount to a books worth of pages, as nothing he describes is in simple terms.

These are not his words, but might as well have been because this is how he writes:

"So the physical sciences, in spite of their extraordinary success in their own domain, necessarily leave an important aspect of nature unexplained. Further, since the mental arises through the development of animal organisms, the nature o f those organisms cannot be fully understood through the physical sciences alone. This means that the scientific outlook, if it aspires to a more complete understanding of nature, must expand to include theories capable of explaining the appearance in the universe of mental phenomena and the subjective points of view in which they occur – theories of a different type from any we have seen so far."

http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/08/18/the-core-of-mind-and-cosmos/?_r=1&

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

You believe in 'Nothing'?

That's awesome.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

• We cannot ask god for anything! as he is not "out there" or "in here"

Point well taken!

• Pray for the following and see what happens:
    1. Who are you...god?
    2. Why have you not revealed yourself so all can know you without guessing?
    3. If the bible is your word why is not easily understood? By all!
    4. In the past your "word" in the bible says you proved who u were by preforming miracles or direct revelations, why not now?
    5. What's the magic number of deaths before you act to stop them?
    6. ?

Many questions can be asked however the answers seem to involve many more questions...so in a circle we go.

• It wouldn't require much effort from an almighty, powerful god to settle all matters, however it requires the will and desire to do so. And a god!

So god, why haven't you settled these matters?

SW

• cantleave
    cantleave

WB Outforever - great to see reason has won in your case - Well done :-)

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I guess believing in God or not depends on a spiritual journey and what path that journey takes you on... For me, waking up to TTATT quickly led to waking up about the truthfulness of the Bible, so I do not believe in the Bible particularly...

How do I feel about God? I haven't had a bad enough experience in life to think that he does not exist... I feel I am a spiritual person and need some sort of belief in a Higher Power. Can I prove him/her/it? No. Can I disprove him/her/it? Perhaps...

It's just that the theories of things don't really answer all the questions... (Please start a different thread if you have the answers to this, or PM me if you wish to enlighten me)... I don't want to look stupid because I don't believe in evolution/abiogenesis, but these are sincere (and I hope), intelligent questions.

1. If every effect has a cause, what caused "God"? Was this a breaking of the second law of thermodynamics?

2. What explains order/design in living things? If there is order, then the second law of thermodynamics has been violated if there was no energy put into the system.

3. Why has evolution "stopped"? Has there been PROOF of a species mutating sufficiently so that it becomes a different, better species? (I think bacteria fall under this, there's a new generation every 20 minutes so.... 100 years of bacteria generations should be able to prove evolution)...

Neither religion, nor current scientific knowledge answers everything for me... and I feel that God exists... I just feel it, cannot explain it... Not saying that one day I will reach your same conclusion, maybe I will...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit