Interesting quote from July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by Rufus T. Firefly 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

*marking*

Love everybody's comments. Oooh, very tempting to go the Sept. meetings!!

• Splash
    Splash

I think those WT articles will be studied in a strict Question/Answer From The Paragraph fashion. Adding any additional thoughts will be quickly supressed.

It really will be the case that few will know what they now believe.

Very sad for someone who would die for what they (don't know what they) believe.

Splash

• Watkins
    Watkins

Expanded-Mind is right that there's been a 'mixed message' for a while now. They were setting up this pre-conceived conclusion, hinting at it all along. One reason, I think, has to do with 'the anointed' writing in to HQ with their 'insights'. The GB doesn't want to share their special acclaim. I also think that the GB thinks most of those who dare claim to be 'anointed' are a few bricks short of a load - bet some of 'em have written plum-crazy letters to Bethel, lol.

It really was an inevitable, foregone conclusion to the mystery of just how 'the anointed' fit into the wt's f&ds picture. (I asked that once at a book study and no one knew, but we all assumed 'the anointed' were in contact with HQ and asked for suggestions or spiritual imput... wrong!) Since the turn of a new century they've down-played 'the annointed's' role until it's now virtually nothing to write home about. I didn't think it could be, but it actually seems more culty now than when I was in!

w

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit