Interesting quote from July 15, 2013 Watchtower

by Rufus T. Firefly 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

The article Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave in the July 15, 2013, Watchtower contains a curious comment. In paragraph 10 it is stated: "In recent decades, that slave has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Can anyone tell me WHO in recent decades has closely identified that slave with the GB? I know it wasn't the GB who did so!

I cannot believe that JWs will let that statement go unchallenged.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

who cares. just more pompous rhetoric.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Of course they've identified themselves as that in the last few decades. Who else would even think of it? And they're the only ones allowed to interpret scripture so of course they put it out there. Notice however, the use of the passive voice in that statement, a linguistic feature used to draw the focus away from the gb as if it were not they who have identified themselves as the fds.

• designs
    designs

The Rank and File have to let it pass unchallenged otherwise its a trip to the woodshed.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly

Julia, you wrote: <<Of course they've identified themselves as that in the last few decades.>>

No, the governing body HASN'T identified itself as the F&DS. That is my point. Up unitl now the GB has taught that ALL anointed ones on earth made up that slave. So, who is it who closely identified that slave witht he GB of JW?

The truth of the matter is that those who dared to say the the GB was in actuality the F&DS were disfellowshipped for apostasy. In particular, edward Dunlap was one who closely identified that slave with the GB, and he was disfellowshipped!

That was the point I was making.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The governing body is a self appointed faithful & discreet slave. No one else outside the organization would identify them as such.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Julia I believe the happened with Ray Franz, when he outeardly stated he believed the GB was the FDS because the rest of the anointed were not even considered for "spiritual food". In fact, if one came up with a differing opinion some were even disfellowshipped. You can find interviews on the web about this.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Can anyone tell me WHO in recent decades has closely identified that slave with the GB? I know it wasn't the GB who did so! I cannot believe that JWs will let that statement go unchallenged.

I can, especially if my wife is any indication. I remember when I first told her about this noo light she said, "Hasn't that always been the case?" I believe witnesses always felt that this was the case, now the GB is just putting in print what most witnesses have accepted all along.

• Listener
    Listener

They can't come straight out and say the FDS is the Governing Body because there was a member at one stage who wasn't anointed, so that idea goes straight out the door.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Rufus T. Firefly:The article Who Really Is the Faithful and Discreet Slave in the July 15, 2013, Watchtower contains a curious comment. In paragraph 10 it is stated: "In recent decades, that slave has been closely identified with the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses."

Can anyone tell me WHO in recent decades has closely identified that slave with the GB?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit