Awake and Watchtower - Top 10 Most Popular Magazines of 2013

by jw07 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

This has nothing to do with how many are placed. It has to do with circulation. Of course they are going to be in the top 10 if every JW gets 5-10 of each. The real question is how many people actually read them.

• losingit
    losingit

Haha, when they had the arrangement a few years back to bring to the kingdom hall any old mags that were still in good condition, i honestly brought in 5 boxes. The PO got upset about it! LOL I got a good laugh out of that. I hated that they were taking up so much space and there was no way i was going to place them all. I told himthat too :-) In the end the PO gave them to the congregation's stand-and-true loony pioneer sister.

• jw07
    jw07

It's simply a matter of having almost 8 million robots walking around foisting the mazagines to anything that moves. If the Cosmopolitan for instance had half the number of JWs actively peddaling it, it would outsell the Awake and Watchtower combined. After all it is about SEX, not pseudoscience and promises that the world will get 'better' after most of the earth's population gets slaughtered by an invisible being.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

8 Million robots jamming the shit in your door.

Im tellin ya. A couple weeks ago some jeho stuffed one in my door without ringing the doorbell.

I stopped in my car and wadded it up and threw it back at them. Smiled and waved a big cheesy smile.

The next day my neighbor got egged.

• satinka
    satinka

I left a comment on that site:

Technically, the Awake! and Watchtower magazines are not in the same category as other magazines, because of their marketing system. The Watchtower Society marketing process is delegated out to all the members of the religion who "obediently" to go door-to-door peddling those magazines. The religious order spends no money on paying those marketers. All monies collected goes right into supporting the religious order. So when anyone donates money to the peddlers, they are supporting the Jehovah's Witnesses religion. Thought you might be interested.

Cheers,

satinka

• Gopher
    Gopher

Great comment - Satinka!

When possible, cults like to inflate their publishing numbers to generate positive publicity. For years, the Scientologists inflated their numbers of founder L. Ron Hubbard's books like Battlefield Earth and Mission Earth. His followers purchased large numbers of these books to manipulate the best-seller charts.

• jws
    jws

A couple of things.

Isn't AARP a member driven thing too? So it's basically a newsetter they send it to their members and they have a lot of members. I might be wrong, but I never saw it on a newstand. This is similar to the Watchtower & Awake.

And I also wonder about the publishing numbers of other magazines. What happens to all the magazines still on the shelves when the new issue comes out? They get collected and dumped. Just like Watchtowers and Awakes. Does the circulation of say, People, include those dumped? ie. number printed, or number sold?

Aren't there like 6 million JWs worldwide? That's like 7.5 magazines/JW. One for them and 6.5 to try to give away. I'm sure most of them either aren't given away or end up in the dumpster immediately after being given away.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I bet none of the other "magazines" are 16 pages long and have a page count of only a couple of thousand.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

slimboyfat... that's makes the Awake magazine all that much more amazing. That little pamphlet is getting smaller and smaller and it still rivals a college education.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That's cuz Jehovah is really speeding up the work now. Yep, that's what a Jw said to me about these new mags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit