Awake and Watchtower - Top 10 Most Popular Magazines of 2013

by jw07 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jw07
    jw07

The Washtowel and Asleep magazines made the list. An over-zealous dub just posted this link to my Facebook wall.

http://www.clicktop10.com/2013/07/top-10-most-popular-magazines-of-2013/

"Its original purpose, as given in a statement until 1982 was: “this magazine builds confidence in the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new order before the generation that saw 1914 pass away”. It is published in 99 languages with a total circulation of around 43.5 million copies."

The other cackling dubs totally sidestepped the about point. Maybe it would have impacted them more if each paragraph has corresponding answers below them.

• flipper
    flipper

You'v got to be kidding me ? Really ? WT & Awake made the top 10 list ? Jesus Christ. People in the world are more stupid than I thought

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Top 10 most thrown away, shredded, recycled, or stashed in an attic. The witlesses order quantities of these rags just to say they are among the top rags, and most of them end up sitting in people's homes. I had a stack more than a meter high when I left, and placed them in my shredder. (The most work my shredder has had--I got it primarily for shredding these rags). Most of the ones that get placed will end up in the rubbish or recycling bin, or shredded, barely read or unread. A few will end up littering a park or highway.

Now, I wonder what the top 10 magazines going by actually using them for what they were intended for are. I would suspect Consumer Reports is up there--many people subscribe to that journal so they can get helpful information to get the best products and avoid the crap. While that magazine is not perfect (the Establishment still influences its opinions on topics like vitamins and drugs, and they are not totally free from the Rockefellers), this is far more valuable than just going by advertisements (which are usually hyped up). I am sure others are up there--not just because they print a lot of them, but because people use them for actual advice.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

The one and only reason they're so popular is that six million braindead dubs stand on every street corner on the planet giving away that trash.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Being the Most Printed Magazines doen`t make them.. 95% are stored in JW attics,under beds..ect..ect..

The Most Read Magazines.. The Rest End Up Here ..

Another WBT$..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I think it is correct that most of these publications end up in the rubbish. When my Grammy passed away a few months ago, I hauled armloads of old mags to the dumpster. I couldn't even be bothered to take them to get recycled.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Wait a second...

these are NO LONGERmagazines...

they're 16-page religious marketing brochures...

obviously, someoneone in the Witchtower paid off someone on this website....

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

What Outlaw said. Any site that lists the Watchtower and Awake as the most circulated magazine bases this only on the number of magazines that are printed and it is assumed that all copies are distributed.

If you look at more reputable sources, AARP tops the list and the JW magazines don't even make the cut.

There are witnesses with trunk loads and basements filled with boxes of magazines that eventually end up in the dumpster.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

These magazines are like junk mail .

Stuff left in peoples doors are counted as circulation of a publication .

What a dishonest joke .

Do the guys sending out junk mail get to count their crap as of any value ?

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    95% are stored in JW attics,under beds..ect..ect..

So true! I think the other 5% are still in the trunk of my ex-wife's car. The weight helps add winter traction, so they do serve some purpose.

These magazines are like junk mail

By that logic, the weekly grocery ads easily beat them. And somebody actually looks at those. Maybe the WT should print coupons in their rags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit