If Watchtower was a country

by zound 14 Replies latest jw friends

• zound
    zound

If the Watchtower Society was the leadership of a state or country, and Jehovah's Witnesses were the citizens of said state or country. Which do you think current or imaginary regime or country would that be likened too?

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

Oklahova- hillbilly god of the southern testament.

• zound
    zound

Really? I would have said North Korea or something. I think if you gave the Governing Body nuclear capacity the world may no longer exist as we know it.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

One could only hope that The U.S. would invade and bomb the shit out of the place.

Cheeses. Living in hope.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Any despotic dictatorship will do.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS considers themselves a Theocracy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theocracy

From the perspective of the theocratic government, "God himself is recognized as the head" of the state, [ 1 ] hence the term theocracy, from the Greek θεοκρατ?α "rule of God", a term used by Josephus for the kingdoms of Israel and Judah. [ 2 ]

Taken literally or strictly, theocracy means rule by God or gods and refers primarily to an internal "rule of the heart", especially in its biblical application. The common, generic use of the term, as defined above in terms of rule by a church or analogous religious leadership, would be more accurately described as an ecclesiocracy. [ 3 ]

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/theocracy.html

In a pure theocracy, the civil leader is believed to have a direct personal connection with God. For example, Moses led the Israelites, and Muhammad ruled the early Muslims. Law proclaimed by the ruler is also considered a divine revelation, and hence the law of God. An ecclesiocracy, on the other hand, is a situation where the religious leaders assume a leading role in the state, but do not claim that they are instruments of divine revelation. For example, the prince-bishops of the European Middle Ages, where the bishop was also the temporal ruler. Such a state may use the administrative hierarchy of the religion for its own administration, or it may have two 'arms,' -- administrators and clergy—but with the state administrative hierarchy subordinate to the religious hierarchy. The papacy in the Papal States occupied a middle ground between theocracy and ecclesiocracy, since the pope did not claim he was a prophet who received revelation from God and translated it into civil law.

• JWOP
    JWOP

They'd call it a Theocracy, but it would be more like Sharia law. People WOULD get stoned for adultery and apostasy, Women WOULD be placed in the background, and hands WOULD be cut off for stealing. I can also see them going for honor killings....

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

The word Love would not be in their vocabulary. Totally ADD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When I woke up, and especially when I read Franz's books, I felt like I had been raised in North Korea.

The information control is amazing.

• rmt1
    rmt1

But if it is a publishing corporation with a board of directors... an oligarchy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit