It's yime for an introduction

by HowTheBibleWasInvented 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

you're welcome , I am glad that you reacted so politely to my question , having stuck my head above the parapet I half expected to get shot at .!!!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

HowTheBibleWasInvented - I have not left Jehovah's Witnesses... My wife is still in and.... what can I do?... Yeah not much... Just wait...

Welcome HowTheBibleWasInvented, It seems that you have done a lot of research about the Bible. What research have you done about exiting a cult like the WTBTS?

I would suggest reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visting his website www.freedomofmind.com, and watching videos on his website.

You can do a lot by venting your frustrations on JWN so that your wife doesn't feel that you are an apostate and asking for advice to help your wife think for herself, asking your wife simple questions to understand what she believes and to help her to critically think for herself, helping your wife to meet non-JWs who may share common interests with your wife, and studying the Bible with your wife to help her to see how the Pharisees and Sadduces used BITE control techniques to victimize Jews, and doing lots of research to understand how to overcome the predictable defenses of JWs.

Best of wishes helping your wife to critically think for herself.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome, interesting stuff!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“HowTheBibleWasInvented”:

“I have not left Jehovah's Witnesses... My wife is still in and.... what can I do?...”

“I had never gootten in serious trouble. Ohthere was masterbation and alcohol.”

Well, here’s a good solution:

(1) Compose a very brief yet honest email divulging your true position in your heart about the real truth about the “truth” which you have discovered through your research and subsequent awakening – and be sure to include the links to your YouTube uploads. Save the email in your “Drafts” folder.

(2) Take your smart phone/tablet/laptop to a nice bar/pub and have a few nice, bubbly pints of beer until the alcohol “courage angels” warmly come upon you sufficiently (thereby kicking out those stupid “fear gremlins”).

(3) (This one is the best part.) Open your draft email, press the “Send” button, and viola! All done. . . . . See, it’s really as easy as “1, 2, 3.” Later, your head might physically feel a trifle foggy, but mentally and emotionally, well, you’ll feel like a million bucks! I say go for it. (Don’t forget: Number of lives we all have = only 1.)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Nice to meet you! Interesting OP. Thanks for sharing your story. I think I'll have to track down that book and read it == How To Read The Bible.

• factfinder
    factfinder

welcome

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, what a great project to undertake, enjoy the journey

• smiddy
    smiddy

A warm welcome to another newbie

smiddy

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome, I look forward to checking out your book.

Carpe Diem!

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Welcome!

I too walked in your research shoes a few years ago. Also, I made a study of the history of the WT organization and the origins of our main beliefs. By slowly sharing my 'findings' with my spouse, we're quietly fading away from the organization together.

It's working very well with few hassles - even though we were both raised in and have parents and siblings still in...pioneering, responsibilities, building construction... we were card carrying JW's.

I always recommend reading books by and watching videos about Joseph Campbell.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit