Where In the Bible Does It Say To Hate People Who Leave The Organization? Apostates and the District Convention Theme of Hating Them!

by AuntConnie 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Psalm 139:21 - 22 - Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you, O Jehovah, And do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you? With a complete hatred I do hate them. They have become to me real enemies.

The problem is that WT propaganda slyly conflates the meaning of "Jehovah" with the WTBTS organization. So in the mind of a typical Witness, anyone and everyone that leaves the organization has also "left Jehovah." They simply canNOT understand it any other way.

The article that Blondie quoted is a perfect example of that, but a person has to be trained in the language of manipulation to understand how this happens. Obviously, your average JW does NOT understand how they are being manipulated otherwise it wouldn't work on them.

When I was first DF'd one of my children asked me why I left Jehovah. I explained that I had not. The confused look on my child's face was very telling. I even tried to use Bible examples such as David that committed sins way more serious than mine and how the Bible (confusingly) said he was "whole-souled to Jehovah." Needless to say that didn't help. My child was so indoctrinated that no profession on my part of still loving and serving Jehovah mattered. The elders had DF'd me and that meant that "I had left Jehovah." It was as simple as that.

Through constant repetition this false idea is reinforced until it becomes reality to all JWs. Classic cult mind-control.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Agreed,

The WTBTS has changed the dictionary definition of apostate to suit their needs. I think its because control over exposure of the things they have done and are doing, is their only shot at letting history move forward and leave more and more misdeeds in the past.

In other words, don't talk to people who have left and don't agree with us because they hate God. You don't think God wants you to be around someone that hates him do you? That would make baby Jesus cry......and so forth.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Aunt Connie: I love you!!!!!!?Where have you been. I've missed you.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

AC: What kind of man can remain a elder and not believe what the Governing Body teaches and at the same time hunt down children on the Internet in a attempt to keep the Congregation clean?

What kind of man? Good Elder material, that's what kind.

Anymore, an "appointed position" is nothing more than an enforcer of WT policies, a company man. Actually believing WT rhetoric or even following the Bible has little to do with being a "spiritual shepherd" in the Org.

Elders (and their family) don't roll like the rank-and-file; they only exist to enforce WT rules on others, not follow those rules themselves. Hypocrites!

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Ms. AC you have a PM!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can you not love Aunt Connie?!!..

One of my favorite posters..

....................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Proof that this religion is run by a bunch of psychos who can't tell the difference between their Corporate Organization and God Almighty. What a bunch of dangerous bullshit.

*** w93 10/1 p.19 par.15***

(Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT are s**t scared of any who know that they are a TOTAL SCAM, they have to engender fear, or the info will get to the R&F, and then it would be the end of the SCAM.

The sad thing is that their mind control techniques are very very effective, there is little chance of most of the R&F learning TTATT.

• blondie
    blondie

I don't think it is any accident that that statement came out in 1993, the year I think the WTS first came out with software and the use of the web increased a great deal. I ventured out that year and found jw discussion boards...in fact Simon was on it and other old-timers on JWN. It was eye-opening but scary thinking that the WTS was looking for all of us.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Watchtower laments the fact that secular law does not allow JWs to simply kill apostates. Secular law is so unreasonable. WT's hoped for 'ideal' world sure sounds like a happy place:

*** w52 11/15 p. 703 Questions From Readers ***

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee." — Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit