"Whether These Appear Sound From a Strategic or Human Standpoint or Not." - What do YOU think?

by jw07 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Sell your house and give the money to the WT, it's not long now and we need it to reach as many people as possible in distant lands wh have still not been reached.

If you don't you will be considered blood guilty if we don't collect enough revenue for this life saving work and people die when Armageddon is this close. Everything you own now will be worthless in one day so why are you afraid to let go of it.

And just to ram it home here is a scripture taken out of context and given a modern day parallel coz they really do like making those scriptures fit to "this 20th century" "our day".

(Matthew 19:21-24) 21?Jesus said to him: “If you want to be perfect, go sell your belongings and give to the poor us and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower.” 22?When the young man heard this saying, he went away grieved, for he was holding many possessions. 23?But Jesus said to his disciples: “Truly I say to YOU that it will be a difficult thing for a rich man to get into the kingdom of the heavens. 24?Again I say to YOU, It is easier for a camel to get through a needle’s eye than for a rich man to get into the kingdom of God.”

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe they're charging to the WTF Society?

• GoodGuyGreg
    GoodGuyGreg

I frankly think it's mostly a sign that the guy who wrote the article wants to show his superiors he's good enough for a promotion, and the formulation sounded good enough in their ears that they kept it.

I often had it repeated to me by my die-hard jw grandfather, that we should trust the organization as we trust our parents: if they tell us to do something or to avoid something without an explanation, we should trust that it's for our good. The only problem, is that my parents showed me time after time that a lot of what they required from me was completely arbitrary and had nothing to do with my own good. After a while I began noticing the same pattern in the congregation, and it became very obvious when I went on one of the information meetings for Bethel volunteers on a DC.

TL;DR: They probably didn't mean anything ominous, they're just really bad at finding new ways of saying "we've got this, trust us".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I agree it's just mumbo jumbo to keep the rank and file interested. JDubs love nothing more than a bit of excitement-arousing speculashun.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

FUD to keep the expectation high.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Jimmy Page said:

I'm almost certain a similar statement was published around 2005-ish and it was related to the Israelites crossing the Red Sea.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/152151/1/Alarming-statement-in-todays-study-article-in-WT

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

What I think I published yesterday in the article Danger Witness Robinson! Danger!!! available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2013/08/danger-witness-robinson-danger.html

It’s patently wreckless to suggest anyone should obey an instruction they cannot determine as sound.

Watchtower is asking for blind obedience. That’s always dangerous.

Marvin Shilmer

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

It's just more fear-injections, more attempts to maintain control with superstition, to keep people from learning TTATT. What is the internet, if not a "human institution" which WT has to fight every day.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

If I was till 'in' this would give me pause and I would have to seriously step back and analyze this study article. Very little actual bibloe study lately. Seems to mostly be, 'Stay away from internet", "Stay away from apostates' "shun your family that left"

Line up for your favorite flavor of Kool-aid!

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Pull My Finger!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit