"Whether These Appear Sound From a Strategic or Human Standpoint or Not." - What do YOU think?

by jw07 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jw07
    jw07

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131115/seven-shepherds-eight-dukes/

Paragraph 17

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

I literally got chills down my spine when I became aware of that sentence in the November 2013 study edition of the Watchtower. I couldn't help but think of the whole Jim Jones fiasco. As to exactly what they have in store, only time will tell, but I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the Watchtower is going to make a major push for more physical control of followers in the near future.

Scenario 1: Sending out a letter stating that the end is so near that JWs need to physically isolate themselves from the world at once. Stop attending school, work, stop associating with any who are not Witnesses unless absolutely necessary.

Scenario 2: Decreeing that Witnesses physically isolate themselves from the 'world' by gathering and living in Kingdom Halls, Assembly Halls etc.

Scenario 3: Wearing a special card to publicly identify oneself as a Witness 24/7, the way they usually do only for conventions.

Who knows, maybe all 3 combined.

What do YOU think?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm almost certain a similar statement was published around 2005-ish and it was related to the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. The truly frightening part is that when I think back to that time I was excited and ready to do whatever the Watchtower Society asked me to do. I'm so glad that I know TTATT now. I just wish my wife would wise up. We have children and statements like this are truly scary. They conjure up images of Jonestown, Waco, and Heaven's Gate for me as well.

• VM44
    VM44

.All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

Think this was written to get the JWs to stay only at approved hotels when attending conventions?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I don't think they will go all waco, but they may go all "Yearning for Zion" ranch as they had here in texas. . .or maybe still do? MIght want to watch for a big texas relocation cause crazy things happen in this beautiful state of mine!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

So, who is the modern day assyrians? I can barely skim the dross these days.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's pointless to speculate on what the WTS will do- or not do, as is more likely the case. The life of a r&F Dub is dull, boring and frustrating- very few other religions demand so much and yet deliver so little: so articles like this are essential to keep the dubs on the edge of their seat with anticipation. If there are any changes made, I guess it would center on money- how the Society can pry it from the hands of their gullible followers and use it for their own ends. This religion is too big, and world-wide for any Kool-Aid drinking to happen: as long as the money keeps coming in there will be no end. It's possible the WTS might ask some of their followers to sell their house, donate the money to the Borg, and 'serve where the need is greater'- in the developing countries- but that is just my pointless speculation...

• prologos
    prologos

money, protecting themselfs,

if deluded:

try to trigger Armageddon again some in some new way, because forcing God's hand did not work with dates.

making themselfs more god like, feared by the R&F.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Personally, I think it just more mumbo jumbo to keep the R&F looking at/to them for guidance. They love the attention.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Makes dubs think, "They know something we don't. They must really be Jehovah's true representatives on Earth."

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That older quote that you referred to Jimmy, around 2005, actually started Mrs Phizzy on the road out.

She pointed out to me at the time that a statement like that was simply wrong from all points of view, Biblically, ( we should "test the inspired expression") and logically, she rejected it absolutely, and so did I, grudgingly in a way, I was not "awake" then, but I could see the truth of what she said, they had mis-directed us too many times before, 1975 for example.

How could we blindly trust their judgement on anything ?

It is my hope that many now will have the same reaction as my dear wife, and coupled with the nonsense in the July WT, that they too find their road out, out to Freedom and Reason, which do not exist within the WT/JW world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit