can anyone decipher cora's comment on the aawa video?

by friendaroonie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
  • Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Relax. buddy. Take a deep breath. Go on vacation or something. Hug your daughter. Tell her how much you love her.

Best,

• poppers
    poppers

Poppers,

Just the JW's.

They are the only ones compelled to make a vow to; "God's Spirit Directed Organization", the name of the wild beast.

Does that mean they weren't the wild beast prior to the change in the baptismal vows?
  • jgnat
    jgnat

ablebodiedman, I'm not watching any of your videos. The Witnesses aren't that freaking important in the big scheme of things. Fulfillment of bible prophecy? How about a fading organization who has a consistent story of getting it wrong?

• Mum
    Mum

Okay, this thread has turned into a rantfest for ablebodiedman. I, too, do not have the time to spend watching those videos. I just want to make some points clear:

If Jesus said he had not brought peace but a sword, or whatever, I think he could have been referring to the fact that there would be family members and friends who disagreed with his followers. Did he say they had to be shunned.

When he said not to even eat with a man who was a liar or fornicator or other behavior-based avoidance, I totally agree. I don't want people who do those things around my family. He was not talking about shunning people because they disagree with some autocrats in Brooklyn, New York, and were ordered to obey such autocrats, even if the autocrats tell them not to speak to their own children.

If anyone is shunned, it does not mean you don't say hello to them when you see them on the street. It means that you do not want them in the presence of your children and family because of their behavior. For example, in Nevada there is a law against smoking within range of a child who could breathe in the second-hand smoke.

If Jesus wants me to reject my own children because the autocrats in Brooklyn tell me to, then I can live without Jesus, too. However, I don't think Jesus had any such thing in mind.

I refuse, under any circumstances, not to be there to help my children, even if they've done wrong. I'm repeating myself. Time to shut up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit