Beards....Do What Your Told! The WT Owns You, You Disobedient, Spiritually Immature, Publisher!

by allyouneedislove 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Interestingly, the WT itself suggest this beard rule is a violation of our personal right to decide personal matters:

g92 6/8 p.17 Why Do I Have to Be Different?

"Males were required to wear beards and were forbidden to cut off their “sidelocks.” (Leviticus 19:27; 21:5) This law was to be heeded even if a Jew didn’t like fringed garments or preferred the clean-shaved look. Now, imagine being told that you had to wear a beard and certain clothing. Would you not resent this as a violation of your personal rights? "

Splash

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

Here in Spain they used to say from platform: "Can you see any politician or Prime Minister wearing a beard? We have to give honor to our message".

Now both the PM and the Leader of the Opposition both wear a beard!!

But some elders are so stupid (or misinformed, don't know) that they still say the same!

Reasons are not important. "You, JW, just have to obey! Is it so difficult?" they may think.

• carla
    carla

Thank you for your service Poppers! Semper Fi

• designs
    designs

Silly rules from silly Leaders. I came back from a skiing trip to Vail Co. in 72 with a mustache and was promptly told I couldn't be on an Assembly part.

• allyouneedislove
    allyouneedislove

@poppers: Too bad the US government doesn't view the Marines as precious lives. The government acts like they respect military, but in reality anyone in the military is viewed as just another tank or gun owned by the government. Don't believe me? Google experiments by the government where military were used as guinea pigs, without even informed consent. Just another collective if you ask me, where the individual means nothing.

• blondie
    blondie

In the 1970's a CO came through and made it mandatory that no one could have mustaches...the black and hispanic brothers were told that they would be removed as MS and elders if they did not comply. Only one congregation jumped on the bandwagon...and the black/hispanic brothers bailed and went to the other congregations in the city...the one holdout congregation complained and tried to muscle it along but they found out that headquarters said it was the decision of each individual BOE. There was bad blood between that congregation and the others for years. The no mustache congregation also had a mixed size cache of white dress shirts for any visiting speakers as well in case they forgot the "rule."

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Screw em. I wore long side burns, a soul patch, and a mustache my whole time. Even had parts on assemblies.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Like so many other things inside the Watchtower Society, the rule is made and then they look for ways to justify the rule. This one is classic. What is even funnier is the history of beards and shaving. It was Alexander the Great who required his soldiers to shave as an enemy could grab them by the beard. The Romans shaved as a status symbol. Only free men were allowed to. The word "barbarian" comes from the Latin for "beared man". So, shaving your beard is both "learning war" and exalting yourself above your fellow man. Both are highly "unchristian" practices.

• Splash
    Splash

(1 Corinthians4:6,7) learn the [rule]: “Do not go beyond the things that are written,” in order that YOU may not be puffed up individually in favour of the one against the other. For who makes you to differ from another?

(Luke 22:25,26) But he said to them: “The kings of the nations lord it over them, and those having authority over them are called Benefactors. YOU, though, are not to be that way.

(Matthew 15:3-9) In reply he said to them: “Why is it YOU also overstep the commandment of God because of YOUR tradition? ... And so YOU have made the word of God invalid because of YOUR tradition. YOU hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU, when he said, ‘This people honours me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.’”

(Jeremiah 10:23,24) to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step. Correct me, O Jehovah...

The qualifications for appointment are listed clearly in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1. Unsurprisingly, beards do not get a mention. Did the holy spirit forget to mention the necessity of being clean shaven?

Splash

• poppers
    poppers

"@poppers: Too bad the US government doesn't view the Marines as precious lives. The government acts like they respect military, but in reality anyone in the military is viewed as just another tank or gun owned by the government."

It's always been that way no matter whose government it is. All soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines worldwide are considered expendable so long as they serve to maintain their government's agenda. It's a worldwide con game perpetrated upon each nation's citizens, and until every nation's people collectively do something about it war will never end. Think that will happen? Not anytime soon, if ever, because that will necessitate a complete change in the consciousness of humanity. In the meantime we will continue to kill eachother so that a few can benefit from it and continue the con. And who benefits? It's not just governments but the military industrial complex.

"Don't believe me? Google experiments by the government where military were used as guinea pigs, without even informed consent. Just another collective if you ask me, where the individual means nothing."

Yes, it's sad but true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit