A little Update... Going back to school.

by dazed but not confused 16 Replies latest social current

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Great news, Dazed. Best of luck with school!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I love updates like this. You are planning well, you have obstacles but are tackling them.

Continue fighting the good fight. I wish you well.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Dazed, that's great news. Thanks for keeping us updated. My wife just finished nursing school, passing the NCLEX test for state licensing. She is waiting on HR to finish their background check for her first job. Keep your grades up on your prerequisites it counts when trying to get into nursing school. Best wishes.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

That's great ! Getting a firm hold on the real life, eh?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good for you!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Thank you all for your well wishes.

Tonight was my first class, English. I’m reading over the assigned reading and what do you know? It’s about critical reading. Some of the bullet points are – Are the facts really facts? – Are the opinions adequately supported? – Is the material current? – Are the sources and author trustworthy? – Is the reasoning logical?

All I could think about as I was reading was “Huh. It’s no wonder the WTBTS strongly discourages higher education.” If all, or hell, even a quarter of JW’s critically read the literature produced, there would surly be fewer JW’s. I can’t count how many times the WT has misquoted someone’s writing.

JakeM2012 - Keep your grades up on your prerequisites it counts when trying to get into nursing school. Here in Colorado this is the first year that the nursing program is “competitive” based. I have to maintain a 3.8 GPA or better to possibly be considered for the nursing program once the prerequisites are done. It used to be you were put on a waiting list, which got to be a 3 year wait. Now, no more waiting lists. Those who performed the best will have first crack at nursing school. I will be able to apply at multiple nursing schools when the time comes, but my best chance at getting in will be through one of the 3 CC I am attending. I have a long road a head. I’m excited.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good for you!

Thanks for sharing. I appreciate that you've chosen a field where you can really help people, not give them a bunch of useless words in a magazine designed to recruit them into a harmful cult.

Going back to school as an adult with a family is difficult but it can be done. Five years seems like a long time, but it will pass either way. By going to school you'll be five years older and in a position to create a great meaninful career for yourself. Congratulations.

Keep us posted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit