by chipanddale 24 Replies latest jw friends

• chipanddale
    chipanddale

Picture of Chip and Dale -

How can I up load a picture?

can anyone please help?

An Introduction to “Chip and Dale” -

Hi everyone,

We are new here and hope to get to know all of you now that we have found this site. We all have some things we share in common, but our stories are all unique in various ways and we look forward to hearing yours and sharing ours-in time. Out of consideration for my wife’s need to go forward at a slower pace in revealing her feelings and emotional traumas, I will keep a slower pace as well. She’s been my loyal companion for nearly fifty-four years and I love and appreciate her very much!

No, we are not chipmunks. Why the site-name “Chip and Dale”? Our names are Jim and Dale (Dale is a gal - my beloved wife); when people have had trouble remembering our names, I’ve suggested they think of the chipmunks “Chip & Dale” as a memory aid. Our last name Staelens, is pronounced with a long a¯; if you tell your dog to sit and “stay” and then think of the “lens” in your glasses you’ve got it: stay-lens actually Staelens, a very common name in Belgium where my father came from.

If my name Jim Staelens (Chip) sounds familiar, it may be you are recalling that I am the retired UAL captain who authored the book: “Jehovah’s Witnesses- The Good… The Bad… The Deceptive… And Worse! AN EXPOSE´.” I know there has been some discussion about me and my book (some supportive and some not, and that’s okay). I don’t have a thin hide, so no problem. If you have read my book you know that through-out my life I have taken credit for what I have done right as well as responsibility for when I have goofed up. I do in fact, right here and now, apologize if any of you who may have known me in the past have felt harmed or irritated by me, I am truly sorry. I would apologize to you, by name and in person, if I knew your actual name.

Any who have read my book are aware of the fact that I have survived one plane crash and died once (clinically) and have made many changes. I have had two heart attacks and two strokes and I am still alive. Dale may later post her responses to any questions some may still have. Staying married for nearly 54 years is no small task in this world, and it has not been without considerable trauma for both of us (my book explains).

If you have checked out my web-site ( www.JWs-exposed.com ) or my book you will quickly find that I have made many mistakes and needed changes as I have grown older; likely we all have (that is likely why many of us are X-JWs).

Since I promised Dale that I would try to take a slower pace (what else can one do when he is in his 70’s?), I’ll quit writing for now and try to answer some of the questions or comments I have noted on this forum, at a later time. I have no bad feelings toward anyone who posts on this site. I truly respect everyone’s right to his or her own feelings and opinions - a constitutional as well as a scriptural right.

Thanks for reading this introduction.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Chip

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome, folks!

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Welcome! Haven't read your book, but it is on the to do list.

To upload a picture. What you need to do is upload it to a picture sharing website ... such as flickr.com or photobucket.com ... and then provide the image link with the insert/edit image icon above the box you use to enter your text. It is just below the "Font family" box.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Welcome. I look forward to hearing more of your story. I have heard of your book, but have not read it.

What caused you to leave?

Shyla

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

If you mean uploading a picture as your avatar ... go to https://en.gravatar.com/ and create an account using the email address that you used to create your account on this website and upload a picture, it will replace your current avatar.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome chipanddale (and for Dale ) I'm curious about how as an airline pilot you balanced your behaviorial traits as a JW with being trained to be flexible, to analyze several options for a situation, thinking logically, and being transparent when communicating in the cockpit/with ATC as part of crew resource management.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. Glad to read that you are open minded and not easily offended.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to our two new friends, Chip & his wife, Dale.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hiya, Chip'nDale! I loved your explanation of the name, and sorry for writing it wrongly, but that's the way I'm seeing it in my head!

Though mind you, there's a lot of chipmunk in that image too! :D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit