Introduction to "Chip and Dale"

by chipanddale 24 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Hello Chip and Dale .... a big welcome to you both, fabulous to have you here!

>

Heard about your new book from the Andersons, but have not read it yet.

>

I did take a free peep tho so that is a start.

>

Guess I would like to find out what makes you tick, Chip.

>

You must have had to really tie yourself in a knot sometimes to

have the guts to fly a huge Airliner across the heavens & then

drop to the ground & just walk into a KH and sit on your butt

listening to regurgitated crap!

>

Of course it would help, I suppose, if the dubs kissed that very ground

you walked on .......

>

Looking forward to all your experiences ... were you extremely popular

as a family or were you resented because you were so successful!

Again....glad you both are here ..........

clarity

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, glad to have you here. I am glad you are not bothered by the negative comments. I think that sometimes people get into a critical mind set due to their experiences in the religion, and don't know when to shut that off. In truth there are sometimes trolls and others who seem to have an agenda, so it's not unexpected that people are cautious. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but that's just my personality.

I was in the religion for thirty years, from 13 to 45. I have been out now for 13 years. I can truly say I have never been happier. I look forward to hearing more of your story.

Lisa Rose

• stillin
    stillin

Oh, great! Now when I see your posts I'm going to think "here comes that piece of Chippendale furniture again!"

I will keep an eye out for your book. Did you maintain any responsible positions in the congregation while having such a job?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi and welcome.

Haven't read your book.

You are not responsible for the actions or emotions of others, they are, so ignore their bitterness.

Wonderful to hear how you talk about your wife, and that ye have been married for so long.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A warm welcome chipanddale!

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome Chip and Dale ! Nice to have you here ! And congratulations on your new book. You are among friends with free minds here. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• chipanddale
    chipanddale

Greetings from both Chip and me (Dale). Wow – what a wonderful welcome!!! Thank all of you so much. I also thank “ABibleStudent” for the rose (my very favorite flower; I have seven bushes of red knock outs). We hope to answer everyone ’s questions as much as possible; we are just like you in being free to have uninhibited discussions and are so glad to be part of a loving new “family” where we can do so! Dale

• LivingTheDream
    LivingTheDream

Welcome chipanddale,

Writing a book is a difficult endeavor to undergo, let alone to complete.

Kudos on your efforts and desire to "let it all hang out" to the entire world. You have my support.

Brock Talon

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Welcome to the forum!

When I was still in, I knew a captain for UAL (originally Pan Am) who was an elder in the Agoura/Thousand Oaks area of CA. I believe his name was Jim as well, but I can't recall his last name. It has been 20+ years since I saw him (I've been out since the mid-90's), but I remember him being a nice fellow. I can't imagine there were many UAL captains that were JW's. He has been retired for 20+ years, so I imagine he is in his 80's now. I believe he retired a year or two after the Pan Am merger...he flew 747's in the Pacific.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit