"What can you do to stop JW control in you...

by LDH 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

For Eyes:

1. Stop referring to yourself as being raised "in the truth." Call it what is. Instead, say "I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness." You don't have to use the 'lingo.'

• waiting
    waiting

Hello Lisa,

Did Simon die and leave you his web kingdom? I didn't know we had the right or responsibility to demand others to talk certain lingo predesignated by LDH. I certainly know Simon, with appropriate maturity and ownership, doesn't demand others to speak "just so."

I believe you are one of the jw's who still considers herself "a jw." Since when was authority over space, air, and screen given to you?

I would assume at this point, I may receive a scathing response from you listing your academic achievements. I don't care about them. Or a list outlining your monetary achievements. I don't care about them either. Several of us aren't near as poor as you may think. We just have the class not to strut. It's not necessary if the ability and achievements are bonified.

We're all equals here and larc outranks you with a Ph.D. Dr. larc also carries his degrees and accomplishments with much more grace than you. If I were you, I'd learn some grace from him. And I doubt that he'd like his wife asking men to step outside to look at her waxed kitten either.

I agree with Path, show some manners and I'm tired of your father also. So, in your condemnation of Path, you didn't deduce he was actually talking rightly so of "we".

waiting

• amicus
    amicus

Note to everyone!
    This thread is a continuation of another. Eyes and LDH were having a discussion and decided to start a new thread. The first posting should be taken in context. Please?
    * http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=2259&page=2&site=3

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Thanks Amicus Was a bit confused there as to waitings reply as I was unaware of the previous troubles.

"One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth"

• LDH
    LDH

Amicus, Thanks!

Waiting, having been inactive for some six months now, actually I don't refer to myself as a JW.

Perhaps my opening statement "For Eyes..." wasn't lucid enough for you.

Could you show me where I've even slightly insinuated that anyone that uses this board is poor?

Could you show me where I've even referred one time to any academic acheivement, other than stating I graduated with extremely high grades and should have pursued my education at that point?

I have the utmost respect for not only my father, but my mother, and the fact that they have remained married for almost 40 years. However, anyone who was raised a JW knows mothers don't really figure into the equation; hence the few references to her.

If you don't have, know, or respect your father, I'm sorry for you.
    If you're so offended at what anyone says in the chat room about any part of their body, stay out. I haven't written you, nor Larc nor anyone else that hasn't written me first. Anyone I have written quite obviously has the option to press the delete key.

I thought Path was quite capable of disagreeing with me, but now I see that you have taken up his fight. Next time, I will try to be more careful not to huwt his wittle feewings.

It should be highly obvious at this point that your reply to my message was 1.totally out of context, 2. really about some repressed feelings you have about me 3. foolishly indignant.

You like monitoring my habits and talking out of your #*& so much, you must've been an elder in a previous life.

Maybe next time you'll be more careful before you try flaming someone, and make sure you're in the right.

• amicus
    amicus

I did have more to say about this subject, just not the time. I made my quick post to help keep the peace.
    Path's comment to LDH, which is referred to, offended me. It's the only thing I've ever heard Path say that I didn't like. I kept quiet because it was NONE OF MY BUSINESS.
    I'm setting my Tipi up in the camp of Like-to-hear-personal-details-about-people-and-their-families-becuase-it-allows-me-to-get-to-know-them-better-and-see-them-as-more-than-just-cardboard-cutouts.
    I'll comment on the *real* topic later, when I have time. I've got to go to a meeting now (nooooo, not that kind of meeting).
    Amicus

• Deacon
    Deacon

Larc..
    I have a couple of degrees that i could swap with you...not using them at the moment....

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

Hey LDH,

Thanks for the post It's true what you said about the lingo. Being raised as a JW you don't think about how odd some of the terminology is. Things like "The new order", "Pioneering", "Kingdom Hall", "The Organization" etc.

Still trying to think of some other ways.....

I know I'm that I'm not so afraid to speak up anymore. A few elders came by the other day to encourage me to return to the KH and they read a scripture from Haggai 2:7 that says "And I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in, and I will fill this house with glory, Jehovah of armies has said." The brother said to me "To whom do you think this scripture refers? Who would be desirable in JH's eyes?" And I replied "well, if God sees every sparrow when it falls and man is that much more precious in his eyes, I think all mankind would be important and worthy" But unfortunately I gave the *wrong* answer as he said "well actually this scripture is referring to the *great crowd* lol. And it's time for another elder *POP* quiz hehehe. Anyhow I guess they were trying to encourage me by seeing that I was *worthy* enough to be shaken out of the nations into Gods house <If only I would be a good girl and get my butt back to the hall> But I digress! I'm getting stronger bit by bit and I appreciate everyones support and suggestions.

Eyes

"One Persons Heresy Is Anothers Truth"

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Going along with the initial thrust of the thread, I found that simply exercising my right to pray to God without following the JW mandate of how, when, and why was very freeing.

• larc
    larc

Hey Deacon,

I'm not using any of mine right now since I retired at the end of 1999, because of the y2k problem. 2000 was the year my mind turned to mush. I sell you a couple of my degrees if it will help get you a promotion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit