In the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth...

by geek 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Laika
    Laika

"This cant be it, there cant be nothing after this!"

If evolution is true it doesn't have to follow that there's nothing after this!

• smiddy
    smiddy

geek

The first thing you need to do is discard the definition of evolution given by the WTB&TS. It is flawed, and biased, with an agenda to give credence to a purposeful creation by an almighty personal God.

Educate yourself about Evolution , apart from Watchtower influence. You will be that much wiser.

If you are serious about the origin of life,you need to do this.

If you cant be bothered or too lazy to do this , then their is no more to be said.

smiddy

• cofty
    cofty
    I am petrified of evolution being true - Geek

That's the ting about reality, it doesn't ask for our approval.

Evolution is a fact, the evidence is beyond all reasonable doubt. Humans evolved from non-human ancestors over millions of years.

The details of how that happened is perhaps the most fascinating story ever told, and it is still being written.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'd rather believe anything than believe evolution. This cant be it, there cant be nothing after this!

Think of it this way, the evolution of consciousness is probably an extremely rare occurance in the universe. How lucky you are to possess it! Make the most of it, be grateful for it, use it to inspire others who have it now or will have have it in the future.

• bohm
    bohm

Dont say evolution makes sense! Dont say evolution makes sense! I'd rather believe anything than believe evolution

Then i think you need to ask yourself if you are really interested in what is true or not. Consider how you would approach someone with a similar mindset.

• mP
    mP

Geek:

Dont say evolution makes sense! Dont say evolution makes sense! I'd rather believe anything than believe evolution.

mP:

So you would rather take advice on creation from people that believed sick people had demons ? is that real science ? Do yo u think its scientific to test if a woman committed adultery by making her drink dirty muddy water ? Well the bible does. you can search for yourself or ask and i will find the sctipture... its somehwere in Deu.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@mP - it's Numbers 5:11 onwards, esp 26-28

• Comatose
    Comatose

Numbers chapter five is awesome. If you want to wake your wife up, have her read that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit