WT November 15, 2013 on jw.org

by Gayle 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• clarity
    clarity

Neon .......... READY TO OBEY ..............................

whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

>

This is terrifying ....... thinking of my programed grandkids!!!

>

Those poor souls caught in this cult are really the pitifully 'mentally diseased'

& are being led in their ignorance & innocence right down the garden path!

clarity

• smiddy
    smiddy

Remember the year the United Nations ,the"abomination that causes desolation"/ "the counterfeit kingdom of God" WatchTower phrases,declared the "Year of Peace & Security " 1986 it was .Nothing happened then. And their using this again ?

smiddy

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    I thought this part of the magazine was pretty scary (page 20, par. 17):
    Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered: (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of "the Assyrian" is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (2) When "the Assyrian" attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. (3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah's organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith.
    Kool-aid, anyone?

Did they actually print that? I seriously just got a cold chill run down my spine.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is really creepy.

Just Lois

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    Did they actual print that. I seriously just got a cold chill run down my spine.

LOL, that is the idea. The Watchtowers are all blah, blah , blah... and then occasionally they throw in something really weird like this to make the seat-warmers at the KH sit up and take notice: thinking that there is a plan; and that the GB actually know what they are doing! It's all BS, and has been used for many decades now...

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Often a change in perspective allows things to be seen a lot clearer.

At that time, the lifesaving direction that you receive from us may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of you must be ready to obey any instructions you may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As you say R is F, that quote is very Jonestown.

The sad thing is that I know some JW's, who, because of statements and articles like this feel that "something is about to happen", and so, despite knowing that so much is wrong with thw WT/JW Org. , they stick with it, and consequently waste more of their lives.

Very sad, but this combination of propaganda and mind-control is very powerful.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Time is running out on their 1914 "last days" chronology. They are readying WTBTS believers for a showdown. Be it man-made or self-induced.

It's just sad that millions were smokescreened and have lost the ability to check in with their brains when asked to be ready to obey any instructions ...(they) ... may receive, either sound or insane.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

A quick search revealed the number of times these words are used in this edition of the WT:

• 8 - obey
    • 1 - obedience
    • 5 - authority
    • 61 - elder*
    • 0 - mercy
    • 1 - forgive
    • 0 - kindness
  • pixel
    pixel

"before being appointed, they demonstrated that they had a clear understanding of the Scriptures and that they were qualified to teach what is healthful."

This is a LIE!. From my own perspective, I know this is a lie. When the BoE seat to consider a man to be appointed to be an elder, they NEVER consider his understanding of the scriptures. They only look to see if he is likable and is a yes man. Liars!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit