Will Jehovah's Witnesses Populate Other Planets?

by God_Delusion 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Hi guys,

When I was growing up and pressured into having a bible study (although we didn't use the bible that much), I would ask my bible study conductor questions like:

Why are there so many other planets?

I distinctly remember him telling me the following:

Well Jaymes, Jehovah made other planets so that when the time is right, we'll populate them too. For instance, imagine a million years after the earth has become a paradise. We would have completely filled the earth. Jehovah can easily prepare another planet for us to turn into a paradise.

Being thirteen, that made sense at the time. Thing is, I heard quite a few other JWs spout this rubbish too.

So my question is this; were all these JWs pulling this directly out from whence the sun doesn't shine, or had they, in some JW way, been coerced into giving this answer, either via the magazines, publications, circuit/district convention talk, etc.?

If there is a Question From Readers article, please do share it.

Love you all,
    Jaymes

• pronomono
    pronomono

I think he was spouting loads of BS because I've never heard such rubbish in my 28 years of going to meetings. But then again I don't actually pay attention much anymore, so that could be a new understanding, a "revealed" truth. But I think he was mainly speculating to appear to have all the answers. JWs aren't taught how to be wrong. We are taught that we know more about the bible than everyone else and some have to prove it by making their own additions to the bible.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Only if they convert to Mormonism.

• pronomono
    pronomono

I did a search in the WTLibrary. The March 1, 1954 watch tower had a questions from readers that asked something along those lines. The official answer from the society was that commenting on it would be pure speculation since no scriptures suggest or deny anything to that effect, but that we as humans are too unimportant to concern ourselves with such matters.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard that one too and even told it to others. Other witnesses though were determined that it wasn't going to be that way, that once the earth was full, no more kids would ever be born. I think it's an individual opinion matter.

• prologos
    prologos

there was an awake since 1960s - 80s that had one line with words to the effect

"that we have not received information about populating other planets--YET--."

I thought right there some renegate wt writer had snuck that in on the sly.

with an in absentia creator(tris), why would he/she bother with extending his experiment here further afield?

each planet its own pain.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Russell and Rutherturd believed they were going to other planets. the Pleadies, but after examining their prophetic writings, they got to sent to Uranus..I know its a stinky place, but when you read all the crap they wrote..It makes sense. The rest of the GB because they changed that doctrine will be sent to Shittim near the dead sea here on this planet, another stinky place because they apostated from Rutherturd. Thats why the other witlitts want to go to other planets.....

• cantleave
    cantleave

I heard something similar when I was a kid. I am sure it isn't official doctrine but that never stops the post Armageddon speculation.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

There was a paragraph or two that touched upon this subject in the 192 silver/greyish book about the Prince of Peace or something along that line. Remember I was the bookstudy conductor back then (just 20 yrs old) and I dismissed the whole idea by stating we did should not elaborate any further cause this was pure speculation.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah talk about that was quite common when I was growing up in the 1990s.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit