Kingdom Melodies

by Dawn 28 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
  • Francois
    Francois

Kingdom "Melodies"? You abuse the word melodies. Bad mixture of elevator music and high school band.

Some of the melodies are pretty good, having been ripped off from Beethoven without attribution. Yes, I know they're in the public domain, but Jesus, it's still not ethical IMHO to just outright steal someone else's creative work like that. I guess they didn't want open association with a "worldly" person like Beethoven.

Francois

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

In "Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand!" on page 36 we read:
    "In the songbook produced by Jehovah's people in 1905, there were twice as many songs praising Jesus as there were songs praising Jehovah God. In their 1928 songbook, the number of songs extolling Jesus was about the same as the number extolling Jehovah. But in the latest songbook of 1984, Jehovah is honored by four times as many songs as is Jesus. This is in harmony with Jesus' own words: 'The Father is greater than I am.' (John 14:28). Love for Jehovah must be preeminent, accompanied by deep love for Jesus and appreciation of his precious sacrifice and office as God's High Priest and King."

But where does it say that we must love Jehovah more than we love Jesus? As a matter of fact the very John 14 that they quote also says in verses 21 and 23: "He that has my commandments and observes them, that one is he who loves me. In turn he that loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and will plainly show myself to him." "If anyone loves me, he will observe my word, and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make our abode with him."
    Seems to me that in order to get the Father's love, we must first love Jesus and not the other way around as the W.T. insinuates.

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

If the bOrg would get people like 3rd Day, Creed or Matt Redmon to do their music...maybe they would be able to keep more of the young dubs from leaving...

Just think of Creed doing "From House to House"

Lizard

• crownboy
    crownboy

LizardSnot,
    How about Prince ?

• Solace
    Solace

From house to house,
    From door to door
    Ugh,

Our is the God of true prophesey,
    What he fortells comes to be.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Our is the God of true prophesey,
    What he fortells comes to be.
    Why can't we

Join the Watchtower or you will die.
    Only Jehovah's Witnesses have the TRUTH all other religions EVIL and from the Devil.
    You must beleive the Watchtower or you're going to die a painful death forever, isn't that really GOOD NEWS?
  • borgfree
    borgfree

Didn"t they make some films called "Looney Tunes and Kingdom Melodies"?

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." Edward R. Murrow
  • Solace
    Solace

Looney tunes.
    How appropriate.
    I love it.

• new boy
    new boy

Back in 1953,1958,1963,1969 when there was the big international ass. at night we would sing the songs with the lights out and all the lights on the stage and plants. It reminded me of the torch light parades we had in Nazis Germany in 1936-1939 aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh those were the days my friends! Yes we thought they never end.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit