Kingdom Melodies

by Dawn 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

I was just listening to my new Nicole C. Mullen CD (she rocks!!) and I had this thought.....

I really enjoy Christian Rock music now, but I had never listened to it as a JW because I wasn't allowed. So instead I listened to that every uplifting AC/DC, Metalica, Scorpions (still favorites of mine).

The Society did release the "Kingdom Melodies" on tape though and everyone bought the complete set.....did anyone here ever really enjoy that music? Did you listen to it in your home or car when other JW's weren't around?

I tried to MAKE myself listen to it to be more "theocratic" but gaaaaagggggg.......

Don't you think they need some new music? And while we're at it - how about a really good Worship Team like those musical Baptists have?! - wouldn't the meetings be a lot more fun if the elders were "lifting their arms in praise" and their wives were dancing around and clapping?!!

Really though - don't ya'll think they really need some new songs?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I actually bought them all just because I was in the habit of handing money over every time something new arrived from the great publishing company. Although I didn't like the arrangements of the songs, I did used to practice the piano with them and still feel like playing them sometimes, if not hum the tunes. Weird eh?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

God....Not ANOTHER Kingdom songs thread...

• ballistic
    ballistic

refiners, we have to keep on talking about those songs, we all just miss them sooooooo much!

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I guess.
    I still, 20 years later sometimes hum them to myself when Im driving the car.
    "from house, to house, from door, to door'...

• Dawn
    Dawn

Sorry refiners.....I'm still fairly new here and hadn't seen the other threads. Although I should have known it's probably been discussed a few times before. After all - they're such classics

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

i apologize dawn. i wasnt havin a go at you, you talk about kingdom songs all you like. I'll shut up now..

• Simon
    Simon

Some of the songs bring back memories ... remember the stadium full of people singing "We thank you Jehovah" on the final day of the assembly?

I never bought the melodies though, they were a bit of a joke.

We did have "My Book of Bible Stories" on cassette though ... I know, I found the unopened, never-played tapes when we were moving house

• Dawn
    Dawn

Don't worry refiners - I didn't take it personally

• ballistic
    ballistic

yes si, when you say a bit of a joke, I was a sucker for buying them and actually got rid of them even before leaving the org.
    We even joked about the kingdom melodies while in the truth e.g. if someone had a walkman on, "listening to -now that's what I call kingdom melodies 93?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit