I was a slave to a cult

by Django_Unchained 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

the cuffs are still on,

but the chains have been broken.

i can move independently, though the going is tough.

finally on my way to freedom.

-Django

ps...kinda want revenge...

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN.

Bangalore

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

thank you.

i'm looking forward to getting into the community. something i should have done long ago. there's a lot of things i should have done long ago.

being a square peg hammered into a cult hole has been rough to say the least. nice knowing there's others who know and understand that pain

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Welcome Django... 'a square peg hammered into a cult hole' ....'the chains are broken'...we are here for you and hope to ease the pain!!.......insot4

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi and welcome, well done for 'waking up'

We all have regrets in life, we all have what ifs.

It is wasted emotion and energy, one cannot go back and change anything, the past is gone, let it go.

the present is now, live it,. it will determine your future, you are in control now, you have the power.

Be strong.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome! Don't focus on revenge, just move on .......

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome Django!

Same here - it all gets clearer and better as the journey unfolds.

Greetings

Fernando

• Mum
    Mum

Welcome, Django. It feels good to be free, eh?

Living well is the best revenge. Figure out what you want to do, do it, and don't look back.

Forget, to the extent possible, the JW experience, but don't forget what you learned from it.

Best wishes for a fulfilling and happy future!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome . We know your pain and anger .

What many now do to deal with their built up emotions is to help others .

Many become advocates exposing JW lies and scandals . They join XJW Facebook groups like

https://www.facebook.com/groups/xjwrg3

Or

Start their own websites . Google and others offer free options .

Or

Start their own blogs . Many free options available

Or

Produce YouTube videos

In the past JW leadership could shut critics up somewhat. Not anymore . The net allows us all to have a loud voice .

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Django_Unchained, The best form of revenge on the WTBTS is to move on with your life free of the WTBTS and obtain a better education/training so that you live a happy and prosperous life. Do you have any JW relationships that you want to keep?

If you want to fade from the WTBTS and maintain relationships with JW friends and family, than I would recommend that you create your plan to fade and include some of the following in it:

• Post as much as possible on JWN to either vent your frustrations and to ask for help about specific points of your plan. It is better to vent your frustrations on JWN then to JWs.
    • Visit websites such as www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, and www.jwsurvey.org, and www.freeminds2.org to name a few to research the WTBTS's history and changes in doctrines.
    • Visit Steve Hassan's website www.freedomofmind.com to learn more about the BITE control techniques that the WTBTS does use and how to overcome them. Read Steve Hassan's books ("Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves, and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs"), visit his website at www.freedomofmind.com, and watch his videos. If you don't want to get caught reading Steve Hassan's books, I would recommend buying "Freedom of Mind" in an ebook format now and "Combatting Cult Mind Control" early next year in an e-book format. If you don't have time to read now, at least watch the following two videos of Steve Hassan at least twice: "Steve Hassan explains SIA method to rescue loved ones from unhealthy situations (2003)" and "Steve Hassan at NYC Ethical Culture Society February 2013.
    • Go to local community colleges, adult education/vocational schools, and/or high schools to take aptitude tests and obtain career guidance.
    • Make more non-JW friends that you would enjoy spending time with. By the way where do you live? When you leave the WTBTS you will need a social network to help fill the void of JWs who will be shunning you.
    • Only ask simple questions to help JWs to critically think for themselves. Reading Steve Hassan's books and posting on JWN will help you. Something as simple as saying Hello and is anything wrong to a JW may help them to open up about their doubts and/or use of anti-depressants. All you need to do is help them to focus on what is causing them problems and suggesting that they use the internet to search for key phrases. I would select key phrases that might help them to discovery a JW support forum.
    • Ask JWs to do fun things with you, to do fun things with non-JWs, and/or to learn about topics/hobbies that will take a lot of time away from attending WTBTS meetings and reading WTBTS's propaganda. A very time comsuming topic to learn and one that will help you and your JW friends later in life is to learn about investing. If you lived in the USA, I would recommend going to the TD Ameritrade website and learn how to use ThinkorSwim to learn more about investing.
    • Send JWs who you know anonymous emails like I wrote about in the thread You’ve Got Mail! TM. Something as simple as sending highlighted WTBTS propaganda that you can find links for such as in the thread ROLE REVERSAL: PLACING 1969 AWAKE WITH JW'S MANNING THE NEW PORTABLE LITERATURE DISPLAYS may help JWs to wonder how soon is soon.

Best of wishes of you fading from the WTBTS and, if you want, helping others to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit