I was a slave to a cult

by Django_Unchained 17 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

Welcome aboard, Django!

Oh, on this:

ps...kinda want revenge...

That's only natural, but it too shall pass with time.

I feel a little bit of trepidation when someone with a handle like "Django Unchained" expresses a desire for "kinda wanting revenge"?

I think of something like this!

As others have said, the best revenge is living well and no longer letting JWs control your life, since in a real sense, wouldn't seeking revenge indicate you're STILL allowing them to control your life?

Adam

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

thank you all for the kind words.

living well is definitely the best revenge. it's an uphill battle but i'm hoping to get there eventually.

@adamah - only in the figurative sense, but you must admit, i look FANTASTIC in that suit ;)

as far as revenge meaning they still control...i don't see it that way. i suppose to an extent, depending on what "revenge" means to you.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Yeah its a normal feeling. it will go away. The best "revenge" out there is to not be the person they tell everyone you will be. Enjoy your life, help others, be a better you, and maybe get one or two to follow you out EVENTUALLY.

Remember, "by your conduct you can win them without a word". Same is true out here.

Welcome bro.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

P.S. - Without telling too much, let us know your story when you can. We love to hear how people eventually get out.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• SAHS
    SAHS

Welcome “Django_Unchained”! As you can see, you’re certainly not alone.

“The best revenge is living well and no longer letting JWs control your life.

That is our goal—no longer letting the JWs control our lives—and it offers the best form of closure we can hope for. Anyone can completely sever all attachments to the organization in our own mind and figurative heart, mentally and emotionally. As to how long one wants the physical part to match (i.e., voting with your pocketbook and your feet), that all depends upon the individual’s own timeline based on the nature and degree of the needs of full independence versus the emotional power among interconnected relationships of family and friends.

Just follow your natural “gut” and everything will fall into place in the time which is appropriate for you as an individual.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Welcome Django, hope to hear your story someday.

(I still haven't seen your movie either)

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

JW"s are batshit crazy.

The best revenge is living a happy healthy fulfilled life.

Sure they re established your ego until the end of eternity. But go to work on yourself. Don't spend you energy fighting batshit crazy people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit