Got Home From a Business Meeting This Evening-Kids Were Watching JW DVD

by PaintedToeNail 21 Replies latest jw friends

• *lost*
    *lost*

Oh dear.

Start your plan, and start putting it into action, take control now.

If something doesn't feel right, it aint right.

Time to get out, and take your kids with you.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

You need to heed the adice of "lost".

Make your plans. Assume he is trying to program the kids everytime he is with the kids alone.

This is dangerous stuff. Find a therapist who deals in spiritual abnuse for just you to go to for now, to have a sounding board, if you can find one. KEEP COMING HERE for advice.

I'm so sorry. I feel your pain.

• distantsun
    distantsun

why worry they will make there own decisions in the end based on experiences and knowledge from both sides of the fence your getting ttatt ocd love

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Most JW`s are Sneaky..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never mind husband , concentrate on helping the children, teaching them to think...I guess it will take time but it will be worth it. Help them to question everything, and not accept the WTS as the absolute authority

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Did your kids hear the hate speech at the convention ?

• scary21
    scary21

Watch some nice DVD's with your kids. Make sure they have lots of MAGIC in them......Harry Potter....Wizard of Oz......Lord of the rings...Oh and don't forget the smurf movie....lol All great for the imagination right ?

• pronomono
    pronomono

In all honesty, most of the videos for kids have good principles. But this is where us JW's get you. We make you think that since this one video is good and morally upbuilding, that everything we say is good and morally upbuilding. Then your getting baptized and accepting organizational policies that you don't understand. One day you begin to question it and BAM!!! Disfellowshipped. Seriously though, as your husband, he is programmed by the verses that state the husband is the head of the household. Since you aren't a JW, he doesn't value your opinion on what the children should believe when it comes to spiritual matters and he never will. He's going to continue to raise them the way the WTBTS says to without any regard to what you wish. Divorce isn't necessarily the answer, but you can be open with your children. Let them know that some things in life aren't black and white. That dad feels one way on spiritual matters and that you feel another way. Share the TTATT with your children and help them to understand why their dad believes what he does. Ultimately, it is the child's choice as to which path they will take. You can only help guide them down the path that you feel is best.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't think you are headed for divorce court just yet. Silly JW's are programmed to be sneaky. You just gotta cure him of it. Offer to take care of the kids alone one night (smile, smile).

http://veggietales.com/vtmain/

When he's had enough, make him promise to be straight with you.

The next time he has a Witness DVD on, sit down and watch it with the rest of the family. Comment freely.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi PaintedToeNail, I'm sorry that you feel that your husband's cult persona is sneaky. Helping your kids to critically think for themselves, should help cure your husband's cult persona.

You could encourage your children to make sleep-overs and play dates with non-JW children, who you like. Then you could invite your husband to a movie night. I would recommend the following videos to show your husband:

If he complains, use your femine powers of persuasion.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit