Christmas

by Mahtaw 21 Replies latest jw friends

• never a jw
    never a jw

It's like birthdays, weddings, babyshowers, an opportunity to have a good time with friends and family. Who cares about the origins. Pagan? As if the Bible can claim with sound support to be from the "true God". Who cares. Be happy and celebrate the opportunity to get together with your loved ones

• nugget
    nugget

I love Christmas and making it an annual celebration of freedom from the organisation. Each year I add one decoration with the year on it to remind me that we have had another year of freedom. My husband had the traditional upbringing of no wrapped presents and so I particularly enjoy the fun side of finding things for stockings. Christmas provides shared happy memories and sense of family. It does not have to be huge or expensive but it is fun. If family do all the traditional stuff then ask them what they do and why. You don't have to go overboard but when we did not celebrate it was a way of isolating our children from their peers and making the cult the only place where they would be understood and accepted so celebrating has helped to normalise them and helped them reintegrate into their peer group.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit