German Branch visit talk Mark Sanderson (Parents; don't hinder young children to get baptized)

by Daniel1555 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

As some of you requested, here is my recording of Mark Sanderson talking about parents and children baptism.

It is not the full talk. It is just what he said about parents and children (12 min. long).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/52h2c9loz0in2i8/AABQnGMfasf7Q7qPm7RZlMrBa?dl=0

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Thank you Daniel1555!

Just shows how disgusting these cult leaders are. Preying on vulnerable kids

• Mephis
    Mephis

Hope you don't mind Daniel1555, but I've uploaded the audio file to youtube to allow for easier sharing/listening.

https://youtu.be/lJjWxn3HcKM

• Splash
    Splash

This will backfire in my view.

As a child grows in understanding through their teens, the importance and significance is instilled in them, for them to reach out for baptism as a goal.

For a 9 year old to be baptised, they will grow up knowing that decision was actually taken for them, without their realisation of what it entailed or their proper consent.

Baptism will lose it's importance and there will be more who come to resent being forced into something so early in life.

• Marvin Shilmer
  • confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Thank God I was not one of those parents who believed my children should be baptized young. I was baptized at 16 and that was still too young in my opinion. My kid's cousins were baptized at 11 and 12, almost10 years ago. They are actually still doing well, both married now and still going to meetings. However, I remember talking to my kids when their cousins were baptized and telling them how I felt that it was WAY TOO YOUNG to be getting baptized. They never were baptized and are free to choose how and what to believe and know that I support their choice regardless. My kids don't want anything to do with being JW. But I feel bad because they, like me, don't know how or what to move on to. They just know that they don't want to be JW. It's like living in limbo...
  • Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

“Christ Jesus said: “'Let the young children come to me.' But there is no record that he baptized any young children or commanded that they be baptized.”--The Watchtower, June 1, 1962, p. 330, underlining added.

Watchtower — baptizing young children

The Watchtower organization is fully of lunacy and hypocrisy from top to bottom.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Both sad and disturbing, manipulating children just as a means to enslave them and turn them into subservient controlled robots working for the WTS. Corporation.

I'm reminded of the Scientology cult that makes children sign a billion year contract with the organization.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Finkelstein you took the words right out of my mouth

sign a billion year contract

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit