The Truth about Eve...... is there more to the story, and has it been hidden by religion ?

by *lost* 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

mp - what are you talking about ?

what petty insults ?

why don't you try interacting with people with a modicum or deceny and respect ?

instead of like a tyrant and dictator.

You, my boy, don't get to tell me to do anything, no one does. I am my own person, certainly, no man will ever tell me what to do.

Now why don't you explain, rationally what you mean by petty insults ?

edited to add: as far as I can see, I haven't even commented on that thread, I will look again, maybe I am going blind

• *lost*
    *lost*

www.sacredtexts.com

Is an interesting site, which provides a lot of research information, to answer some of one's thoughts.

The 'forgotten books' the 'hidden things'. There is so much more to the 'story' and myths etc than we know.

The WT has done an excellent of job of keeping the people 'dumb' and ignorant to many things. Wasted years that can never be taken back.

The first book of adam and Eve - also called - The conflict of Adam and Eve with Satan.

It says ..

The familiar version in Genesis is not the source of this fundamental legend, it is not a spontaneous Heaven-born account that sprang into place in the old testament.

It is simply a version, unexelled perhaps, but a version of a myth or belief or account handed down by word of mouth from generation to generation of mankind through the incoherant, un-recorded ages of man it came -- like an inextinguishable ray of light that ties the time that human life began, with the time when the human mind could express itself and the human hand could write.

This is the most ancient story in the world-- it has survived because it embodies the basic fact of human life. A fact that has not changed one iota; amid all the superficial changes of civilisations vivid array,

this fact remains; the conflict of Good and Evil; the fight between Man and the Devil; the eternal struggle of human nature against sin.

• prologos
    prologos

with due respect for our ancestors, their stories, like that of Eve are like our

modern fiction stories, you can critique them, you can even quote them,

but do not take them seriously.

The human condition , our success is real, not because of sin, good &evil, but because we are part of naure, creation if you will, the rest is history,

not a story.

• LV101
    LV101

LOST - I appreciate your comments and "petty insults," - can't believe that remark.

Hope you're feeling better.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I feel like I'm stuck in a horrible alternate reality when I read this stuff.

Most animal species are 'highly-patriarchal'.

Are they too influenced by eastern cultures?
    I think it is just the nature of the specie.

• mP
    mP

lost:

sorry i thought you were cold steel, dont know how that happened. apologies.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Read the Book of Adam and Eve

• Comatose
  • Blueeyes54
    Blueeyes54

For the first several hundred years of man and womans beginings, oral teaching was the means for handing down information. Since Adam lived 900 years, he crossed paths with thousands of other humans. If we were 900 years old today, who would we know? If someone said something wrong about George Washington, we could correct them, instead of relying on other peoples writings. By the time Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible, many lives of righteous people had overlapped. Hebrews had large families with lengthy lineages. The same God who parted the Red Sea, and caused the sea bed to be dry enough for thousands of Hebrews and their animals to cross, allowed them to never dispute the creation account after witnessing the miracles of God. To them creation was another miracle, where God was in control of the elements. As for Eve, today, most women would hit that old snake over the head, or run screaming back to their man, but Eve was innocent. When she ate the fruit she did not die and neither did Adam, so it appeared for 900 years the serpent was right. Then life ended for them. Now he's a liar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit