The happiest people on earth... Yeah right

by Bells 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Bells

I always felt like he would defend them before he would defend me - and he would - until very recently - and this has caused more problems between us than anything else.

I have loads of anger towards 'the society' and everything to do with them.

I really related to this comment. I feel a real sense of betrayal about my wife's loyalty to those old men of the GB and their propaganda ahead of me. It makes me so mad it does my head in but I am trying to express that anger here rather than to my wife.

But I think you are in a better place than me - your husband was never baptized and is on the margin of his family - that is a start and something you can build on if you can see it in a positive light. These are people kept in a state of perpectual ignorance and petty-mindedness - do you really need their acceptance?

I don't give a toss what my wife's JW family think of me particularly her foolish ignorant old man, who is responsbile for indoctrinating the lot of them (he even sent one of his cronies around on our weedding day to urge me to go to the KH but I sent him packing)- I like her unbaptized brother and sister though. They are stuck with me now because I got their daughter pregnant so the choice was eternal disfellowshipping or becoming unevenly yoked. The fact that I earn more money than all of them put together by a multiple of between 10 and 100 and am good for a non-repayable loan is an added compenstion for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit