Pagan symbols on convention stage?

by rebel8 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Symbolism of columns . Maybe I'm reading into it a bit, but I just found this odd. Of all the things to decorate your holy stage with, and you pick something iconic of temples of an ancient religion and world power that you claim was evil. Or don't decorate it at all, if you're not creative enough to make up your own crap.

This, from the people who make up their own words for everything.

2 yrs ago, we told you the Greek and Roman empires were Satanic. This year, we're sporting Greco-Roman architecture on our pulpit--iconic of Pagan temples! Hope you forgot!

So yes I am going to dredge up this oldie...

Jehovah's Witnesses using American flags-photo later altered by Watchtower Society to remove flags

• rebel8
    rebel8

The Jehovah's Witnesses Convention is taking place in the Tri-Cities, funneling almost nine million dollars into our local economy.

Action News learned those revenues are down 10% from last year.

An off-topic comment--WOW. I wonder what the jws could do with that money if they did not have to spend it on going to assemblies. Many of them really cannot afford it.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" I wonder what the jws could do with that money if they did not have to spend it on going to assemblies."

Imagine if the GB told the rank and file that part of their sacred service(tm) was to actively help the community by doing charitable works, educational programs, shelters, or soup kitchens? That's why they are so guilty of hypocrisy, IMO. They compel dubs to spend 9 Million dollars into a sysytem that perpetuates their money making/real estate scheme. Think of what that money could have done if it had been used to help people directly, now it's gone. It's like putting your money in the contribution box at the KH. It makes a dub feel good, but that money is gone. Sure that WTBTS may repair some homes in a disaster, but they get that money back. They are not feeding anyone. If you need help with your medical bills can you receive it from the WTBTS, nope. You are on your own. You are better off NOT contributing to the WTBTS. Use your hard earned money to help those you can directly.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

800 Million in brooklyn real estate "wink wink"

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Rebel 8 ... This is an important find.

maybe WT would like people to believe it was all selected at random without meaning. Imagine if I was a magazine publisher for a religious magazine, if i asked you to draw a design and choose s name for the magazine..... How could anything be used at random? Every drawing and desicion would have a reason for its use.

For example, the early magazines by Watchtower had a knights helmet with a crook and an axe alongside a crown and a cross, on every issue. Why? random scribbles?

Then there is the picture of a *watchtower* or sun disks or twin columns or pyramids and the names and phrases "golden dawn" or "golden age" and even "The Watchtower". Random? ALL THESE THINGS ARE MASONIC IMAGERY AND PHRASING. i am not saying Russel was a Masons, I wasnt alive and cant ask him but the early doctrines and designs of early wt books, literature and buildings are all very masonic.

A major masonic symbol is the archway (a stone masons bread and butter skill) and all archways have two colums. Colums are all over masonic literature and symbolism. I too have noticed how often it appears in Watchtower literature and buildings. Not in obvious places one would expect it, but in places where a desiciom was made to use that imagery. The old literature is full of it!

See how many JW symbols and imagety you can find here.....

• rebel8
    rebel8

Right? I mean, ok, normal people would never think there was any problem with this.

But we are not dealing with normals. We are dealing with people who believe symbols matter to the extreme--you can't even clink your wine glasses together because someone 2000 years ago did it to scare demons away, or hang windchimes at your house for the same reason.

The 1st pic I posted is a 2011convention brochure stating the Greek and Roman Empires were evil.

Then in 2013 they chose the architectural feature most symbolic of Greek and Roman architecture to be on the stage during the conventions.

Things that make you go hmmm...

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

Stanley Theater (Jersey City) with freemasonic rose compass on a floor in a hall.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Stanley theatre isexactly where i was thinking of, it has columns and arches and sun disks coming out of its ears.....

• processor
    processor

How to prove that Jehovah's Witnesses are Freemasons

1. Take any symbol from their magazines or buildings
    2. Claim that it would be a masonic symbol (no one can verify it anyway)
    3. Conclude that JWs are Freemasons because they use masonic symbols
  • prologos
    prologos

One assembly hall has a Stone henge type motif in the front yard with one prominent sacred pillar and inside

nearly true to life phallic symbols serving as braces of the tables for demonstrations & sisters talk & DO school counsel sitting.

These "brazen braces" have now been hidden by modesty panels but are still there.

figure.

perhaps if one of the eight heavies would point it out it would be cleaned up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit